twenty-one

||CHAPTER 21||
《¤》

I don't know what had more beats per second; the music or my heart. But Vansh sure knew how to dance.

"So, what about my bad old self has got you hooked to me since the dusk?"

He chuckled lightly, which was weird because I heard it despite the loud music. "I think everyone is in shock seeing you all energetic and enthusiastic."

"Well, respecting the fact that I hate citric stuff, when life throws lemons at you-"

"You keep them in the fridge and then use it to make paneer. Yeah, I know, my eighth standard science textbook supported my mother's opinion."

I couldn't help but laugh, "Well, that's not what I was going to say, but that sounds delicious too."

He turned me around, my back now against his front. And boy, was that a fine feeling.

"Woah, you definitely do not have two left feet," I breathed out.

And the fact that Rita Ora's Body On Me started playing was not helping the whole situation at all.

"You keep on figuring me all wrong, Arvika," he said, his voice sizzling down my spine. What was with this sudden whirlwind inside my stomach?

"Well, I'm glad that I get to know you better then, you know, since people learn from their mistakes."

His hands were slowly sliding down my hips, and my brain was passing on its energy to my blood's pumping system.

"Do you want to know my next theory about you, Arvika?" He whispered, his hands sliding over my dress's belt loops, tightening his hold over me. His other hand kept running up and down my left thigh, making me momentarily close my eyes.

"Would my response affect your decision?"

"Nope," he sounded determined, "but our actions are clearly affecting your response."

He was such an arrogant observant specimen. Arrogant, and hot observant specimen.

"I don't think I'd like to agree with you," I move my hips to match the beat. "But let's move onto your thesis."

"Okay then," He sighed into my hair. "My theory about you says that this is something that you don't usually carry around."

I stopped, literally stopped grooving, when his hands wrapped around something, the this he referred to.

He had tensed up too, and I quickly wrapped my palm around his fist, trying to free my purchase of the day from his grasp.

"I'm a girl, if you haven't noticed. Lipsticks are something females usually carry around," I said, in a straight voice.

He turned me around, and I realised we were the only ones who were not swaying on the dance floor. I didn't dare look around, that was something that gave away most lies.

And that's why I committed the mistake of looking into his eyes, and trust me when I say they looked like rage personified.

"Mujhe nahi pata tha ki Mickey aajkal cosmetics ka bhi business karta hai," he said, shifting his gaze to the small cylindrical cover.

I gulped. "Kaun Mickey?"

The smirk that now grazed his features, was not something I liked. It was a nasty one.

"You sound really believable, Arvika," he said, in a low voice, bringing me closer, "but it's hard to believe you when I know the truth."

I didn't know my transactions were being public.