thirty-five

||CHAPTER 35||
《¤》

If tearing tissue papers brutally resolved my anger, then so be it.

"...hmm, this looks pretty fair to me, we'll have to set our legal team on work first though- Arvoo? Tu ttheek tho hai na?"

"Mamma dekho Vika didi table ganda kar rahi hai!" Mikhael complained. The guts he had after having my mobile in his hand!

"Arvoo, kiska katl kar rhi hai?" She shook me. I wasn't shook though.

Jolly Bua snatched the wad of tissues from my palms- of what was left of it anyway, "Arrey, hua kya hai tujh- ohh."

Her eyes had followed my gaze, landing on three tables from us.

"Mujhe na tera yeh gussa samajh nahi aa raha hai," she commented. "Are you angry that woh tere saath waqt nahi bitha raha?"

What? How crazy was she to even think that? Did I look like an annoying girlfriend to her? I didn't even have a boyfriend to act like one!

But there sat the reason behind my anger. Vansh Mehra, in all his might, chatting up the night with a lady.

"Vickoo, chill! Naani hai woh teri!"

"Vickoo the Cuckoo!" Giggled my cousin brother, but even that didn't deter my laser sight.

"Mikhael, go play with the kids. Dekho sab hide and seek khel rahe hai, yeh mobile didi ko wapis do, and make some friends for the night."

Grumpily, Mikhael thumped my phone in front of me and walked towards the tree under which kids his age were not playing 'let's chat with Naani'.

"Hua kya hai?" Jolly bua placed her hand over mine. "Naani ne daata hai kya?"

"Mai aapko paanch saal ki bacchi dikh rahi hoon kya, Bua?"

"Jis tarah tu jalan se aag babula ho rahi hai, tu paanch saal ki bhi nahi lag rahi hai."

"Mujhe jalan nahi ho rahi!" I spoke through my teeth. "Woh Naani ji ke saath kyoo baath kar raha hai? Meri chhodo, even Arnav doesn't like her! Vansh ko itna tho pata hi hoga na?!"

She started chuckling, adding fuel to my anger.

"Bua!" I protested.

"Sorry," she kept on chuckling. "It's just... you're kinda over reacting."

I'm not even sure if I'm reacting. I've not strangled him yet, how is snapping tissues over-reacting?

"Aap na, sirf haste raho. Mai jaa rahi hoon."

I wish this wasn't a garden party, because I wanted him to hear my angry scraping of chair. He was in trouble. Arnav needed a new best friend.

Stomping would result in my heels digging into the mossy lawn. I wasn't foolish enough to do that. But hey, I was foolish enough to walk past a table near him which sat Aryan Oberoi and his clan. A clan I was a part of, and didn't want to face again in my life.

No, I wasn't afraid of them, I was over that part of my life where I was a snobby bitch to everyone I met.

And then I did one of the most thoughtfully-prepared-on-instant mistake, where I looked at Vansh, and yeah, there was eye-contact while he chatted up my maternal grandmother, and then sent a smile my way, which I reciprocated by glaring. His smile faultered, like I had intended, but that meant he knew something was wrong, which was not what I had intended for him to know. I had acted on instant.