thirty-nine

||CHAPTER 39||
《¤》

"Missed me?"

Armaan raised his head from the book he was reading, sitting on the steps beside the library.

"Arvika, hey."

I winked at him, climbing the three steps, then turning around to sit down. "So, which book today?"

"Uhm," he offered me my favourite biscuits, "it's something on how to get rid of ridiculously rich and snobbishly annoying girls."

I narrowed my eyes at him, snatching the whole packet. "I didn't know you're into Romance."

"Romance?"

I shrugged. "Hmm. Don't you know, that's the main theme of every Romance novel? I'll give you a spoiler, the guys never get rid of them. They get rid of their braincells though."

"You sound like you've read many books."

I munched on the crispy goods. "I also sound very dumb, but we both know what I'm made of."

"And you're back to being arrogant."

I pinched his cheeks. "I knew you were the only one who missed me genuinely."

"Yes, Arvika," he said, sarcasm oozing out, "I absolutely missed someone hogging away my whole lunch."

"Wow," I laughed, "You really make me sound like a bully."

"Oh, you are."

I mocked him.

"So kaisi thi tumhari Mom ki shaadi?"

"Kyoo, newspapers se nahi pata chala?"

"Waha se tho bohot kuchh pata chala. You and Vansh, for example."

"Uhh, what?"

"Some brewing romance I think," he shrugged, pulling up a site on his phone.

I glanced at the site, whose name I was seeing for the first time.

"Amateur reporter hai," I commented, looking at the pictures. "Par mai bomb lag rahi hoo yar!"

He gave me a wary look. "Remind me again why you hang out with me?"

I hit his shoulder, when my eyes landed on Karan Bahl inside the Psychology classroom.

He was with the Einstein haired Mr. Gaur. And this wasn't the first time I had spotted him with his Psychology professor.

"What's with the frown?" Armaan asked, and I retraced my gaze back to him.

"Frown denotes that in five minutes, break will be over, and then Mr. Thakur is going to roast us with a pinch of rotational motion with the heavenly flavour of kinematics."

"Now that is the happy meal I crave for," he said with dreamy eyes.

I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Go back to reading your book, you seem less annoying that way."