fifty-one

||CHAPTER 51||《¤》

||CHAPTER 51||
《¤》

Lawn tennis had never been my forte. Not saying that any sector of sports had my interests invested, but just like running, I hated those heavy rackets that made you revisit concepts of physics, which again, is another one of my weakest points.

It was a Sunday, and the sun was shining quite brightly. Arnav and Keith Mcwell  took their positions in the opposite courts, ready for a friendly match, while our fathers discussed business strategies in a very informal meeting inside the cool glass cabin. Outside the glass cabin, I sat in the shade on a white table, a watermelon punch at my disposal. I was bored; watching sports was as stupid as playing them.

My phone rang, displaying Karan's face smeared in cake. I waited a few moments, trying to calm myself down; it wasn't possible for him to know that I knew about his... secret so soon? Was it?

I looked at Keith and Arnav. They were too busy playing to mind me. But hell, was I scared for once.

He didn't waste any time in pleasantries the moment I picked up. "She is tagging me in every picture, I don't know what to do!"

The first moment was of sheer confusion, for I didn't understand what he was saying. Tagging? She?

The second moment was of utter relief, because the only thing I could gather was he wasn't talking about any secret.

The third was of  connivance, because I had deduced who she was, but I had not expected Avni to be so upfront and yet shy st the same time.

"Can you please elaborate?" I questioned. "I'm not sure I am smart enough to understand your plea for my help."

"You know exactly what I'm talking about Arvika," I could imagine his red face. "Avni has been tagging me in cat memes since last night, and I haven't responded to any because I don't know what to do! You shouldn't have told me that she crushes on me, now it's just awkward because she doesn't know that I know, and I don't want to embarrass her, and hell, she's cute and all, but I really don't know if I like-like her and I don't want her to feel bad because she's a really cool person-"

I stopped his rant before he could die out of breathlessness. "Dude, tune shayad galat number pe call kiya hai. I'm Arvika, not Arnav. Ye sab 'girl-talk' shayad tujhe uske saath karni chahiye."

"Are you helping me or not?" He sounded dead serious, making me give out a cheshire-cat grin.

"Hell no! Are you kidding me? Finally school me kuch mazedar drama hoga, and not just the controversial type! I was dying for such a thing dude, there is no way I'm going to solve this issue. Nor am I going to let anyone else solve this. Nope, not happening."

"Arvika!" He literally growled to make himself sound intimidating. "Come on yaar, please! Bata na mai kya reply karu? Those cat memes are funny, but I am a dog-person. How do I tell her that?"