From the start.

Maliya POV
I helped my mother to her bed. She came home drunk throwing up all over the living room. I didn't have the time to be upset. I went into the living room and began scrubbing throw up off the rug. I've been doing this since I was 5 I'm now 17. I've been through it all with my mother from her 38 different boyfriends to almost losing our home, her constant drinking , putting bandages on her bruises. Her boyfriend Omari staggered in. "Where's your mother at hoe" he slurred. I didn't answer just kept my head down I tried to slip past he grabbed me and slammed me into the grandfather clock the glass shattered. I felt a warm tingling sensation trickle down my spine. I tried to pull away but I felt a sharp paralyzing pain in the top of my head. He rubbed his nose against mine. The smell of Hennessy stung my nose. He pushed his lips roughly against mine. I stopped breathing when he slipped his tongue into my mouth. I bit it as hard as I could. When he let go I sprinted up the steps slammed and locked my bedroom door. "Maliya open the door okay I'm not mad just .... let's make up" Omari whispered through the keyhole in the door. I crouched down in the closet balled up in a ball and cried as he tried to ram the door open. My kitten came and squeezed between my arms. I cried harder into her soft fur til I fell asleep.
I woke up around 5am. Dried blood was on my shirt and my lips. I glanced out the window and saw Omari's car was gone I sat by my bedroom door for a min. I limped to the bathroom. There was dried blood in my hair from my scalp. I winced in pain rinsing the cuts & glass out my hair. "Fuck are you crying for.?" My mom said glaring at me. "Mom Omari he he did it again last night." I whispered sitting next to the tub. She smacked me "he didn't do shit to you. He doesn't want you. Always thinking someone is after your ass dont no one want you . Shit I barely do." She said walking out the bathroom. I rubbed where she smacked me. Usually it would burn but it didn't. I got up and showered got dressed. Curled my hair . Put on a white and grey sweater with my baby blue ripped jeans , white and black sneakers.

"Ma I'm going to class

"Ma I'm going to class. You sure you'll be okay here alone?" I asked opening the door. Omari rushed in knocking me over. I just shook my head got up brushed off. "Bring me three cases of beer." My mom whispered snuggling up to Omari. Omari looked at me and blew a kiss to me. I shivered and hurried out.