The remedy for a broken heart

Harmony POV

"Want to tell me what that was about" Cairo asked as we walked from Brandon house back home. "What was what about" I asked trying to pretend as if I didn't know what he was talking about.

"Don't play stupid" he growled. "Why are you so overprotective of her? She's your little sister technically and your acting like you in love with her little nigga" I snapped. I really don't need him finding out about what Kyrell did because that'll be really bad for our family to get involved. "Bitch you sound drunk. She's my younger sister and no one can protect her like I can." He snapped back. I jumped stepping back "calm down, it's just a girl thing" I said trying to calm him down it's like everytime I see him he's so uptight or angry as hell.

We walked into the house I was expecting no one to be home I came into my mom at the stove cooking humming. "It smells good In here auntie" Cairo said kissing my mom on the cheek stealing a biscuit.
"Food will be ready in a min y'all needa set the table where's Dj at" she sung I rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing this for we don't want you here" I mumbled .
"Harmony ilona North" she growled slamming her hands into the counter causing even Cairo to jump. "TT are you okay" Cairo asked she put her hands up to him. "Get your ass down here and set this motherfucking table then sit your ass down" she growled I watched her eyes grow dark.

I stomped down the steps Cairo was struggling to not bust out laughing so hard that he had tears coming to his eyes.
I began setting the table slamming the eating utensils into place.
"Bro just stop." Cairo laughed. I flicked him off. "Harmony please listen to your cousin" my mother warned. I took a deep breath feeling my anger building.

"Where's jr" she asked again. Before I could answer Cairo said "he went to play football". "Alright well I'll make his plate. Text him and let him know it's in the microwave" she smiled setting the food on the table.
She made chicken Alfredo & biscuits. "This is a tad much for lunch don't you think." I asked playing over my food. My mom ignored me and continued pouring the drinks.
"Now she can't hear me" I mumbled . Cairo kicked me in my shin trying to signal me to stop. I rolled my eyes.

"I was born by the river in a little tent
Oh and just like the river I've been running ev'r since
It's been a long time, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will
It's been too hard living, but I'm afraid to die
'Cause I don't know what's up there, beyond the sky
It's been a long, a long time coming
But I know a change gonna come, oh yes it will" my mother began to sing lowly.
Bitch is fucking loopy.

Cairo hung his head low beginning to eat. "It's good" he mumbled. My mom flashed him a quick smile "I'm glad you like it baby"
"Where's my father" I said crossing my arms . I watched as her eyes twitch and she just continued eating. "I don't know Harmony as you see he isn't here" she sighed.
"Well ion eat with bitches ion fuck with" I growled getting up from the table. Cairo rubbed his face. "I don't give a fuck I'm not faking like this is a happy ass family and I can't fucking stand her." I admitted.

"The spitting image of me... The shit I was always afraid of I saw it in your eyes. The same darkness that lived inside of me has been inside of you since you took your first breath on this earth. I thought you would grow out of I prayed that you would. Maybe because I was mentally ill while I was pregnant & didn't bother to tell anyone or get help. Shit I murdered my own uncle I thought if I could survive that without help I could survive mental illness without help. I was wrong. I hurt you & jr I know that an I was wrong but I'm not that woman anymore. I know your angry you do have a right to express that anger BUT WHAT YOUR NOT GOING TO DO IS KEEP DISRESPECTING ME." My mom said standing up slowly.

"Your not my father ion have to listen to shit your telling me." I snapped walking towards the steps. "Little girl don't walk away from me" she calmly said. I tied my hair up "I'm fucking tired of you" I said walking down the steps tying up my hair. "Imma show you why everyone stays the fuck out my way" I yelled charging at her. My mom flung me into the wall. "Harmony stop" she calmly said grabbing my arms.