Timer🤫

Maliya POV
"Please leave mommy alone daddy please" I heard my daughter cry trying to pull his foot away from my neck.

He picked her up by her neck squeezing. I jumped off the floor on to his back. "BRANDON NO LET HER GO!!! YOUR KILLING OUR DAUGHTER PLEASE" I cried hitting and choking him. He flung her into a mirror then continued to beat me up. I watched as my daughter slid down the shatter mirror with a blank expression on her face.

He looked at her , laughed then left the room. I crawled over to her. She was laying in a pool of blood. I started searching for the gash or cut. "Please Jesus please" I cried. I saw a shard of glass sticking out the back of her head. It was lodged deep. I took a deep breathe trying to think. She wasn't crying , screaming or even breathing. I tried to scream but nothing came out.

I scooped her up rushing out the room. Brandon grabbed me. "We have to go" he yelled setting our apartment on fire. He snatched our daughter out of my arms tossing her body to the flames. Then running out with me in his arms.
End of dream

I jolted out of my sleep sick to my stomach. I rushed to the bathroom.
"Baby are you alright" Brandon mumbled sleepily rubbing his eyes.
I jumped away from him "I'm fine baby go back to sleep" I whispered trying to catch my breath. He looked confused "umm okay" he shrugged going back to bed.

I sat on the bathroom floor behind the door trying to muffle my cries. I'm afraid of him I'm afraid to leave him. I looked down realizing I was drenched in sweat. I took a quick 15 minute shower.

I put my hair into a messy bun throwing on a plain white tank top with some baggy sweats. I sat in the living room on the couch with my dream on repeat in my mind. My heart had never been this heavy before.

"Your okay" Boomed a deep voice I jumped basically running to a corner. I looked and saw it was dexter. "It's okay I'm not going to hurt you" he laughed ,but I remained in the corner. "Damn I know he fucks females up mentally but this is a new low" he mumbled sitting on the couch.

"I'm sorry" I softly said sitting on the couch opposite from him. My eyes burned  from not sleeping correctly since those dreams started. "Tell me about yaself" dexter muttered breaking the weed up on the coffee table. I looked at him like he was crazy "Brandon gets upset when I talk to other boys I don't think that's a smart idea" I said looking to see if Brandon was going to come out the room.

Dexter laughed "I'm not going to let him put his hands on you. I wasn't raised like that neither was he. Plus I'm his bro I wouldn't do that to him and he know that" he chuckled. I still just stared at him.

"Fuck it I'll go first. Uhhh my name is Dexter I'm 18. I've been through shit but ain't letting it defer my dreams ya feel me. I known Bibby since I was 15 though I moved out here with nothing. I left my mothers house because she just didn't see me." He stared down not wanting to look Me in my face. "My father he dipped saying I was a waste of space and his time. I moved here with nothing. Bibby saw me on day when I was chilling outside of a corner store brought me here ever since then we've been tight as hell. His mother started raising me as her own." He sighed deeply. We sat quietly for a few moments.

He offered me the blunt "peer pressure, peer pressure" he chanted. I laughed and accepted to get him to shut the fuck up before he woke the whole house it was only 1am . We smoked he made brownies and pancakes I made waffles topped with cherries , strawberries, & marshmallows. While we ate I figured it was safe to speak.

"Maliya Cahill" I whispered. He looked at me confused while he stuffed another brownie in his mouth. "My name it's Maliya Cahill. I literally just turned 18 now" I laughed pointing at the clock that showed 3:17am. "Ayyyyy you a Taurus just like me" he said smacking his chest. "My mom doesn't really give a fuck about me I took care of myself and her. She has a boyfriend he used to touch on me til I started to stay with brandon. I used to be a stripper I'm not proud of it but I'm definitely not ashamed it's not like I was a prostitute I just did what I had to do." I mumbled. "I feel you on that" dexter said dapping me up.