Prologue: I Came, You Went Away

La'Daisha P.O.V:

"Baby girl we here." I looked up to see this blue house on the corner of Alexandros Oak Place and 12th Street. It had a pool in the back a bench on the side and a tree in the front yard.

I just faked a smile as I got out and grabbed my bags. I walked in and there was brown carpet everywhere except the bathroom and the kitchen.

"This is your room." She walked me down a hallway to my room. She pushed open the door and it was a plain room and the walls painted white just like the rest of the house.

I let out a huge sigh and put my bags on the floor.

"You hungry???" I shook my head, "What's wrong baby girl???"

"I want daddy." I didn't wanna live and rebuild a bond with someone that is gonna be my stepfather.

"Daddy got sent away for a while."

"Can I see him???" I looked into her eyes.

"Sure. Just not now. First we gotta get settled in. Okay???"

"Yes ma'am." She kissed my forehead and left the room.

I unpacked my clothes and put them in the drawers and hung some of them. I jumped and laid across the bed.

My mom comes back in the room with a grin on her face, "There are some kids outside playin you wanna go???"

She trusted me even though I was 6, I had commen sense. I thought for a minute, "No."

"You sure???"

"Yea." I put my head on the pillow, "Imma take a nap."

"Okay. Feel better." She says as she left.

After my nap it was 5:00 so I got up brushed my teeth and washed my face. I decided to go outside since there really is nothin else to do but make friends.

I put on my whole army outfit, my shirt says, "Daddy's girl." With a yellow bird in a army hat. I put on my sneakers and fixed my hair.

I was black and white. My mom was black and my dad was white. I have hazel eyes and lightskin. My hair was sandy brown and really curly but I aint have time for it so I put it in a ponytail.

I looked in the mirror one last time and sighed. Then I walked outside. There were two boys playin football that looked my age. I sat on my bench and watched them.

One boy looked at me which caused the other one to look my way. I just stared blankly back at them then rolled my eyes and looked away.

When I looked up they were both standing directly in front of me. "Hey, you live here???" Asked one boy pointing at my house.

"Yea." I say dryly.

"Oh word. So what's your name???"

"La'Daisha."

"La-La it is." Says the other one makin me laugh.

"So what's yall name???"

"I'm Brian." Says the lightskin one.

"Oh I'm Monty." Says the darker one.

"Alright I will try to remember that since I'm terrible with nicknames." I smile.

"True. You play???" He held up his football.

"A lil. I suck at throwin but I can run and catch." I say.

"Oh you aint got butterfingers like him???" Brian points at Monty and Monty slaps his hand down.

"Man I can catch a ball." Brian tosses it to Monty and it hits his chest and falls down.

"That aint count you caught me off guard." Me and Brian burst out laughin.

"Come on I will show you how to throw." Brian says as I hop off my bench.

"Okay."

"Monty go long." As Monty ran down the street he showed me where his hands were on the laces and did a whole body language involved with how to throw it.

I shook my head and looked at him crazy.

"You will get it trust me it's really easy." He threw it and the white line on the football was turnin and looked like a perfect circle. Then Monty dropped the ball.

"Dang Monty that pass was perfect." Brian yells.

"Man that pass was flamboyant." He yells back causin me and Brian to laugh.

Monty throws it back but it was goin over our heads. I ran and caught up with the ball and caught it. I ran back to Brian and his mouth was open.

"Boy close yo mouth before I fly go down yo esophagus."

He laughed, "I aint think girls played football."

"Well imma tom boy." I throw the ball and to me it was terrible. It came up short to Monty.

"I figured. At least you don't dress like one."

"Monty!!! We leavin." Some lady yelled from a redish orangish house.

"Alright. Bye yall."

"Bye." We say in unison.

"He don't live here???"

"Nahh that's his G-Ma house. He stay in Temple Terrace."

"Like I know where that's at but okay."

We laughed and talked the rest of the day away.

7 years later...

I was layin in bed still and my eyes wouldn't stay open. I heard a knock at the front door but my mom answered it.

"Oh Brian hi." My mom says gettin all proper... wait Brian!!!

I quickly got up and found something to wear.

I wore a red hoodie, shorts and my red converses. I left my hair down. As I was lookin in the mirror Brian knocked before he came in.

"Hey Peaches." I laughed cuz the next day after we met each other he came to my house and said, 'Is Peaches home???' Like boy I told you my name have it engraved in yo mind.

"Hey B. What you doin here???" I ask.

"Well... Me and my dad are moving near Cocoa Beach." My face expression changed.

"Your movin??? When???"

"2 days from now."

"2 days. Why you aint tell me earlier baser???"

"I aint know how to tell you lame and I'm sorry. I'm really gonna miss yo crazy oreo self."

I smile but it faded as I shook my head, "It aint gonna be the same no more."

"I know. Just stop bein so hard on people and make friends. They will love you trust me." He kissed my cheek and I blushed.

A tear slipped down my face and I sniffed. He noticed and hugged me tight. "Brian you were apart of my childhood. I'm 13 now, I can't just make clubhouses and play outside with other people like we use to."

"La-La chill. Hopefully I will be back to visit you or somethin." He lifted my chin. "Just don't forget about me."

I smiled, "Okay." I wiped my tears.

"I gotta go. I have to finish packin and takin stuff to the new house.

"Okay... I will miss you."

He stops at the door and turns around to say, "I will miss you too." He flashes a smile before leaving.

I don't think I could ever be the same without him. He was like the other part of me. He was my baser and I was his lame... if that made sense. He knew me well enough to keep me happy for a long time. My bestfriend left me to make new friends. I wasn't my intentions but I had to.

It was only the start of a new beginning.

~PJ~