Chapter 28: Killing Me Softly

Brian P.O.V:

Me and Monty decided to finally pay La-La a visit. I know she is gonna be mad but she needs to know the truth.

So here we are at her house Monty knocked for me cuz I couldn't manage to do so myself.

I can just imagine her going off on me and cutting me off saying she doesn't wanna hear it.

She always cutting a nigga off. Sweat starts coming down my face as we wait.

I don't think it's cuz of the sun no more cuz Monty sweating too. She taking forever.

I knocked again. I almost opened the door till it swung open.

My heart beats fast as I stare at her staring at me. She is still beautiful with this sexy ass dress on.

It's morning what's with the dress anyway???... actually the real question is who hit her.

Monty spoke before I could, "What happened to your face???"

"Nothing... it's nothing forget about it."

"Look La-La we care about you please tell us if some nigga hitting you." I say with all seriousness.

She cut her eyes at me, "No one hit me so stop caring."

I sighed, "Can we come in at least."

"Actually you can't I have company over and..."

"Dai who's at the door." We hear some nigga behind her.

He come into view and I aint neva seen him before. He didn't have on no shirt just boxers like the fuck???

"Damion these are my best friends Brian and Monty. Yall this is my boyfriend Damion." She introduced us.

I was hurt no lie. She called me her best friend not even ex. We stared at each other like we could read each other's minds.

"Is this the nigga that hit you???"

"No why would I..." The nigga tried to speak but I cut him off.

"Nigga don't speak for her!!!" I stepped past La-La and walked up to him.

Monty was holding me back while La-La got in between me and ole boy.

"Brian he didn't hit me it was Darren." She looked into my eyes.

I didn't wanna believe it I really wanted to beat this nigga ass cuz he took La-La from me.

"Come on Brian. La-La we'll be back later aight???" Monty say.

"Okay I guess." She didn't seem interested.

Then we heard a lil boy voice, "Mommy!!! Daddy!!!" He ran up to La-La first and she picked him up smiling and shit.

I was finna go off but when I looked at the other nigga she had, I had to stop myself.

I can't come back and see her with some other nigga it will kill me inside.

"Yeah Monty I forgot we had to go do that thing." I say while walking off.

"Wait what thing???" Monty laughs and follows me.

We walk back to the car and I just sit there for a second before I crank up the car.

I looked back to see La-La with the lil boy in her hands finally closing the door.

I shake my head and sigh as I pull off.

Monty lit a blunt he rolled up before coming here.

I started smoking ALOT since I've been away from La-La. It was just stressful to not see her everyday.