Chapter 17: The Talk

La'Daisha P.O.V:

"Monty!!!" I screamed and jumped on him.

"Hey La-La, how you been???" He laughed.

I got down and couldn't stop smiling. "I've been great!!! When did you get out???"

"Today actually. Brian was suppose to pick me up but he aint answerin his phone. What's up with that???"

"Oh I don't know. He been pissin me off lately but... imma just drop it and let us be friends again."

"Wow there was actually a time when yall stopped talkin and I missed it???" He looked surprised.

I laughed and punched his arm, "Man bye. Did you know he was in a gang???"

"Duhh I knew... wait how you know???"

"Oh I don't know maybe being kidnapped and almost dieing twice kinda answers your question."

"Damn... What about the stash???"

"Oh you mean the one under my carpet in my closet, yeah my ex boyfriend took it."

"Darren???"

"How you knew???"

Monty thought for a minute, "Shit man!!!"

"What Monty???"

"Monty!!! Your back!!!" My mom comes to the door and hugs Monty. "Why you aint invite him inside???"

The house phone starts ringing.

We all stand and watch it.

My mom looks at us, "Why yall actin like yall seen a ghost or somethin???" She goes and answers it.

"Monty please tell me what's going..."

"La'Daisha!!!" My mom screams.

Me and Monty run to her and she hands me the phone.

"Hello???"

"La-La??? Thank God. I really needed to hear yo voice." He was relieved.

"Brian why you aint call me, where are you???"

"I tried to but you wouldn't answer so I knew your mom would answer this. Also uhh... Funny thing is umm I'm in jail."

"For what!?!?!?"

"Umm a DUI, holding a concealed weapon on me without a permit and... I killed someone."

"Brian... how much is the bond???"

"$25,500. But if I do time or not I still got probation for 2 years and a Drug and Alcohol class each week for a year."

"Man I don't have that kinda money but I'm comin."

"Okay. I love you La-La."

"... I love you too Brian." I hung up and my mom and Monty gave me that look. "Whhaaat???"

"So you love him???" Monty asked.

"What can I say??? I love my best friend no matter how stupid he is."

"Mhm."

"Okay let's go."

We start heading out and I start leaving first cuz I could tell I was blushin.

Brian P.O.V:

I was so thankful to hear La-La voice. I love that girl so much.

I knew she couldn't stay mad at me forever. She can't help but love me.

I'm overly excited to see her. It's been a month and I been missing her like crazy.

What happened that night was a honest mistake and I wish I could take it back...

But see the way life set up... you can never relive moments.

"Aye." My cellmate says.

"Mane what you want now???" I whine.

"You gone let me tap dat now???"

"Nigga if you touch me you better have dem hands to back it up bruhh. I aint that feminine type you better find another nigga up in this bitch that like it from the back."

He laughed, "I was just playin my nigga."

He stepped towards me like he was finna touch me. I stepped back and threw up a set. "The fuck I just say yo? Bag up bruhh."

"Cut it out you two. Collins you have a visitor." A guard tell us.

"Aight. Tell this ole bitch ass nigga ion play them games. If he touch me that's another dead body yall gone find. Imma be sober this time." I said with all seriousness.

"Yeah yeah." The guard say while cuffin me.

"Aight bet. I'll fuck yo ass up too."

He just looked at me and I mugged him.

Who the fuck he think I am?

I aint finna get raped. He gone have to kill me to get to me.

Shit, he gonna be fornicating with a dead body.

He took me to the cafeteria and I only saw La-La sitting there with her leg shakin.

I sit down, "Now what would yo mama say about you shakin yo leg???" I tease.

"Now aint the time Brian. What were you thinking???" She finally looked up at me and her eyes were swollen and red.

"Don't cry La-La, be strong. This my mistake I got myself into, you aint apart of it."

"Brian do you know who you killed???"

I thought for a minute but a face didn't come to mind. "Nahh not really."

"You killed Chase, Darren's lil doctor. Darren is gonna come after you."

"I aint stressin, he should be the one that's shook up."

La-La shook her head.

I just stared at her when she noticed I looked away.

"What???" She asked.

I shook my head, "Nothing... damn I forgot. Did Monty get out today???"

"Yea he did... speaking of him how he know Darren???"

"Shit I don't know." I shrugged.

Then I realized something and my eyes grew. "What Brian???"

"I think I know how he knows Darren."

"Collins your time is up." The guard came over to us.

"Wait Brian tell me."

I shook my head no, "See you La-La."

I walked away with the guard as she was cussin me out.

I can't tell her. I'd rather Monty tell her before I do that.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-How does Monty know Darren???

-La'Daisha loves Brian

-Brian would rather die then get raped. xD

-Brian killed Chase

-How is Brian involved with Monty knowing Darren???

~PJ~