Chapter 7: Look What You've Done

La'Daisha P.O.V:

The next day Darren woke me up. I turned toward him and he kissed my lips.

I mugged the shit outta him and got outta the bed and mumbled, "Nigga."

"Psh well sorry. I think your lil boyfriend here cuz I heard someone pull up." He said as he sat up.

I rolled my eyes and looked through the blinds to see Brian gettin outta his car.

I put on a white tank top, black skinny jeans and my white and black running shoes.

I put my hair in a ponytail and walked toward the door.

He knocked as I opened it. He was shocked, "La..."

Was all he managed to get out before I sticked him in the face.

Darren burst out laughin in tears. I walked past him, "Now take me home."

Darren laughed, "Aww that was it???"

"What did you tell her???" Brian asked in a low tone.

"The truth. She deserves to know."

"What you mean the truth???"

"Oh no I didn't tell her you kill people for a living, or that you involved in a gang."

My eyes widen. A gang???

"What???" They both turn and look at me.

Brian steps toward me and I run to his car.

Brian P.O.V:

"What???" I turn to look at La-La who was still listening to our conversation.

I thought she went to the car already.

Before I could reach her she ran to the car.

When we were lil, Monty got involved into a gang before I did.

He been locked up and might be gettin out soon.

La-La told me not to be involved in a gang like Monty was and I promised her I wouldn't.

There goes another broken promise.

I just needed the money to move away from Cocoa Beach.

I still need the money to keep my house cuz I can't get no job with all these tattoos.

"Man fuck you and yo set fuck nigga." I yell at him.

"You don't know who I'm reppin."

"Ion care. If I wanted to know I would've asked yo ass."

La-La opened the door and yelled, "Darren what are you gonna do bout Shawd and them???"

My eyes widen, "Shawd???"

"Aye I found yo nose all up in our business, stay over there." He cut his eyes at me. Then turned to La-La, "Just text me."

"Boy we aint cool like that." She said before closing the door.

I went back in the car and I tell ya that was the longest car ride of my life.

I was uncomfortable, confused, and even worst, I was losing my bestfriend.

She is the only person I could really talk to, and communicate with.

I love her... I fuckin love her.

I actual mean that shit. She aint like everyone else, she is my lame, my headache, my backbone, my everything... my bestfriend!!!

I needed her and I let her down. When she finds out I killed Shawd and almost killed Darren ion know if she would forgive me or not.

She already knows I was practically the reason she ended up in Georgia.

I decided that I was gonna drop her off at her house and come inside cuz her mom is gonna be there so she has no choice but to listen to me.

I pull up in her driveway and just my luck, Ms. Jackson runs outside and drags La-La out the car and into a hug.

"Baby girl I was so worried about you!!! You okay??? How you feeling??? What happened??? Come inside, you too Brian."

Right when I was about open my door La-La semi-yelled, "No!!!"

She stared me down for a good minute until she talked again.

"Brian has to go take care of something on the street somewhere."

"Oh okay. Thanks for bringing my daughter home I appreciate it... Oh and Brian be safe out there. I saw that same car that was shooting at us..."

"Woah!!! MS. JACKSON!!!" I motioned for her to stop talkin but it was already too late.

"You put my mom in danger too???" She started cryin and blurts out, "I wish I never met you!!!" I hated seein her cry and bein the reason, "Everything we did together, said to each other, all that... it's over Brian. No more bestfriend stuff. We aint even friends or associates, we just people who knew each other. Ion wanna hear from you ever again. Don't come by my house, ion even care if you just came to see my mama don't step foot on my property." She shook her head in shame at me.

"La-La..."

"It's La-Daisha, get it right." Her cheeks were wet and her face looked like she was in pain.

"Imma just leave yall to say yall goodbye's..." Ms. Jackson says before leaving.

La-La just stares at me. "La-La..."

"La'Daisha."

"La'Daisha look I can explain ight." I get out my car but she is already walking toward the house. "Daisha wait!!!"

I grab her arm and she snatches it away and slaps me, "Brian Todd Collins ion wanna hear it you goyamed, green giant muhfucka!!! You were my bestfriend Brian. Bestfriends don't break promises, or mess with each others feelins, or put each others lives in danger. What did I do to deserve this??? What could I have possibly done wrong as a bestfriend to you??? Tell me cuz I aint gettin the picture here." Right when I opened my mouth to speak she cut me off, "Don't speak to me unless I tell you to nigga!!!"

I grabbed her face and kissed her. If this is the last time I'm gonna talk to her might as well make it meaningful.

Surprisingly, she was kissing me back.

For a good minute everything felt right between us.

Like we were made to be doing this with each other. I knew she loved me and I was blind to the fact that she was.

I guess I was too late cuz then she pushed me back and opened her front door, "Goodbye Brian." One last tear fell down her beautiful face before she closed the door on me.

My heart was already aching for her. I missed her that much. She means so much to me.

If only that moment lasted forever I would be the happiest man in the world right now.

I would finally be with the one I loved. She wouldn't go anywhere because she loved me too.

But it wasn't true. I lost the girl I have been looking for all along. She was the one I was describing all these years of searching.

Who knew that my bestfriend could change my life in so many ways.

I didn't notice until I was losing her, how important she meant to me. Now look what I've done.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

-Brian came to get La'Daisha

-La'Daisha punched him in the face

-La'Daisha don't want Brian around anymore

-Brian realized what he lost

~PJ~