Chapter 11

Felix's POV

I arrived home a bit late.

Ok VERY late.

It was already 11:00 p.m. I was enjoying my time with Hyemin and her friends that I didn't how time flies.

I opened the apartment door as quietly as I can to not wake anyone. Particularly Jiyeon.

I peeked inside and when I saw the coast was clear, I closed the door and sneaked my way inside my room but was stopped by someone suddenly clearing their throat. I gulped a bit and looked behind me slowly and saw Jiyeon standing near the kitchen counter.

"Hey J-Jiyeon. Why are you not asleep yet?" I asked her with a shaking voice.

She didn't answer me but instead she went near my slowly and I took a step back with every step she make forward.

She suddenly smiled very wide and with her arms still open wide for me. Thinking that she wanted to hug me I went near her but wrong move.

Instead of receiving a hug, my ears were captured by both her of her hands.

"Should I be the one asking questions on why you are late? We still have school tomorrow." She said with a creepy smile still etching her face.

"I just hang out with some friends of mine." I said nervously.

"By friends you mean Hyemin's friends and not me?" With that said I can't help but look down feeling guilty because I totally forgot that I have a friend that is waiting for me at home.

She sighed at my silence and stepped away form me.

"You're probably tired. I'll let you rest." She went to her room and shut the door.

I felt more guilty that I just ditched her for the people I barely know.

Ok now I know that I really need to apologize and make it up to her by tomorrow. By hook or by crook.

I felt tired because of the late hour. I needed sleep so i did.

When I woke up in the morning I immediately started to prepare for school and I went out to see that there was no one there except for the already cooked food on the neatly fixed table.

I hated this. I hated it whenever I wake up in the morning seeing that Jiyeon is not there. I'm surprised that she even remembers to take care of me even though I disappoint her most of the time. I know it's mostly my fault why we have constant fight over things but I can't help it. I guess we are different from each other. Jiyeon is mature, caring, independent, and smart while I'm just immature, doesn't care about others, can't take care of myself properly, and dumb.

We are two different people and I know Jiyeon is just trying to deal with me because my parents asked her and she also cares for me with all her heart but sometimes I can she that she is tired of me. 

I was too deep in my thoughts too much that I forgot that I needed to go.

I fixed my things and left the place not forgetting to lock the door.

I took my time walking to school not bothering to even be faster. I don't know if I should be excited or scared to school because of two girls.

Sighing, I tried to remove the certain thoughts in my mind that has been bothering me since last night. I thought that this day would  be the same as every other day but that's what I only thought.

There in front of the gate waving at my direction was Hyemin. She was smiling her usual smile and bubbly personality that made me confused.

My eyebrows creased as I looked behind me if someone was walking but there was none. I looked forward again to only see that she was still smiling but no longer waving as I got near her.

"Uhhhh..." Was the only thing I got to say when I was in front of her. She giggled which only made me more confused.

"What are you waiting for? Stray Kids' debut? Come on!" She clung on my arm and pulled me inside. I was dumbfounded by her unexpected actions towards me.

"Where are we going?" I asked as I saw that we passed by my class.

"Wow I didn't know that you talk haha. Don't you think it's a bit rude to leave walking to my class alone now is it? We are friends after all." She smiled and I blushed.

'Friends.' That word kept repeating in my mind. I finally became friends with my crush. I know by this time I should be in my class because of Jiyeon but I can't help but be overwhelmed by the feeling of happiness inside me.

When I felt that we stopped walking, I noticed that we were already in front of her class.

She thanked me and gave me a small smile then went inside. I released the breath I didn't know that I was holding this whole time. After having everything sink in my mind I started to feel myself smile.

I walked to my room skipping once in a while. When I entered the noisy area I slowly started to frown. 

I saw Jiyeon laying her head on her arm that was laying on her desk whit Jisung talking to her. She gave slight responses light nodding or shaking her head as yes or no. Changbin was listening to music while watching the both of them have a "conversation". Meanwhile, Minho was reading a book in his hand not minding his surroundings. Well everyone was.

I sat down hoping that this day won't turn as bad as I think it could be. I already got a happy with Hyemin a while ago but I don't know with Jiyeon.

Once I was seated, I felt a hard stare in my side along with a tap on my shoulder. I looked up ignoring the fact that my seatmate was burning holes at the side of my head. 

There was Jiyeon standing while holding a card in her hand. I hesitantly grabbed it, not wanting to bring her to her bad side. She smiled and walked away.

I read the bold and plain letters written on it saying "Self Defense Class". I turned the card around looking for something else written but nothing.

'Why the hell would Jiyeon give me this?!' I exclaimed in my mind and a question I know cannot be avoided and will remain unanswered until this lunch.