Chapter 25

Felix's POV

I waited patiently for Hyemin on the park near our school. I took in the scenery in front of me. It was mid day so there were greater people hanging out today here than in the morning. Some family having a picnic, couples having dates, and some singles having some alone time and some with pets.

It wasn't much of a beautiful sight to look out on to but it was enough to make me relax for the reason that he felt calm seeing people getting along with each other. He has never seen anything so tragic before. He lived a life full of happiness and no distress, except for school of course, but it was nothing like full of drama in life. It's like I lived abnormally happy that sometimes I think that maybe the day would come that there would be a huge obstacle I have to face inasmuch as I would end up risking my life but I don't want to push that thought furthermore.

After waiting for a few more minutes, Hyemin finally arrived, wearing a floral dress and pair of white sneakers with a pastel pink body bag. She was the complete opposite of Jiyeon. Jinyeon was boyish and dark while Hyemin was bright and very much girlish.

"Hey. Why'd you call?" She smiled at me.

"I just wanted to hang out with you. That's all." I returned.

"Missed me already?" She teased.

"Sadly yeah."

"Yah!" She hit my arm as I just laughed at my own statement and her reaction.

"So what really is your reason for calling me here." She asked once we have calmed down.

I remembered what Jiyeon said to me the night before. And smiled.

"I want to take you to some places." I smiled and held her hand, taking her to the first plsce I thought of bringing her. The zoo.

When we arrived, Hyemin gave me a questioning look. I was sure she was confused why would I take her to the zoo. She had probably went here thousands of times before. But I'll make this one special.

"Trust me you'll enjoy it." I squeezed her hand to make her feel at ease. She nodded and we went inside.

Just as I expected, she did enjoy her time. We spent it by just looking at some animals, bringing up occasional stories where we once webt to a zoo like this and teasing each other sayinf that we looked like some animals there.

After resting for a bit, I, once again, took her hand, but this time I intertwined our fingers, and pulled her to the next destination which was a icecream shop.

"This icecream shop has been here ever since I was six. Never thought it wqs still here though. i had a lot of good memories here." Memories of when I was a child began to flash in my mind alonf with some memories I made.

"Let's go."

A soft jingle from bell of above the door gave a signal to the workers that new customers have arrived. They gave us a short greeting then les us to a table where we can sit.

"Just choose anything you'd like. It's on me." Hyemin's eyes had those certain sparkle that reminded me of the first person I spent my time here as I sais the exact same words. Jiyeon.

We called out for a waiter that would take our order.

After ordering I always toom time to check on my wrist watch even as we eat, so frequent that Hyemin asked me if I was gonna do somethinf urgent but I just answered her with 'we'.

She didn't asked anymore questions about my undefinite reply an finished her ice cream.

I gave her some time to digest her food before pulling her, again, to the nearest bus station and rode a bus to go our next site up on the hill side.

"For the finale destination." I gave her a meaningful smile by the time we've reached a group of tall trees.

"A forest? Isn't it dangerous for us today come here especially at this time?" She asked in worry.

I could understand her doubts about this place but I had none at all. I knew it was safe here and I will make Hyemin feel the same thing. Besides it was just 6:20 so there was nothing to worry about.

"Trust me." I gave her hand a small squeezed, which I have noticed that calms her down, so she had no choice but to agree.

We went deeper in the forest that seemed like never ending but I knew we have somewhere to reach. I knew this place like the back of my hand.

After a long time of hiking, we saw at the far edge a small beam of light.

I quickened my pace pulling Hyemin with me.

At the moment she saw what was there, a gasp left her lips.

We were near the edge of the cliff that had the perfect view of the city lights. The hike was tiring but this was something that could worth all your sweat.

I was guessing that it was already near 7:00 that's why it was already dark soI decided to talke and disturb Hyemin from her daze in fantasising.

"Hey." This caught her attention.

"Waddup?" She gave me that cute and innocent smile that anyone could fall for.

I help hard hand, enveloping hers with mine, and looked straight in her eyes.

"Hyemin, I just wanted to tell- no confess something to you. Please listen to me before you speak." She nodded and urged me to continue.

"Ever since the day that I saw you, I felt something weird in me, something that made me know that you are the one." I calmed my self before proceeding.

"I was always in a dazed ever since you came in my life, you made me so happy and I have never been so thankful to anyone. I'm not good with talks so I'll just go straight to the point." I held her hand tighter.

"Hyemin........ I love you."

I swung my head low and closed my eyes, but hands still holding hers.

There were moment of silence that made me feel anxious, afraid of rejection but what I heard next made me relax.

"You know what? I love you too."