One

Dan groaned, pushing his hands onto his face. He would have to make so many edits, and only had an hour to do so.

Why couldn't Phil just call a cab? Why did he need need Dan to pick him up? Surely, he didn't spend all his money on stupid nickknacks like he joked about.

Dan sighed, and set his phone for four forty, and dived into editing. Cut out a few scenes, make the video a bit brighter in general, and add a few sound effects. And in fifty six minutes, he was done.

He had been so into focusing, he forgot to pay attention to his phone.

Thinking he had time left, because of not hearing it, he closed his eyes for a few minutes. And the alarm went off, or so Dan thought.

But the sound wasn't his alarm, but was Phil calling. His eyes went to the top of his phone before answering.

It was five fifteen.

"Shit!" He yelled, swiping the decline button.

He ran, grabbing his lightweight jacket on the way, keys rushing into his hands from the pocket. Dan slammed the door shut, cursing at himself for not making the alarm as loud as he should have.

Once he had the car started, he hit the gas pedal. He hoped Phil wouldn't be too mad he was late.

His phone rang again, and Dan's breath hitched. He looked down to see Phil's contact photo. What if he yelled at him?

He answered, biting his lip.

"Hey, Dan."

"Hey, Phil."

"Did you forget something?" There was practically laughter in his voice. Dan smiled, closing his eyes momentarily. His fingers clutched the phone shakily.

"No," he responded. "Heh, I was editing, not sleeping. I'm on my way, I promise. 'M sorry-"

"It's okay. I've only been here for a little bit."

"But I'm sorry. My alarm didn't go off loud enough. While I was editing."

"Dan, it's okay. I promise." Dan let out a deep breath, and nodded. His hands stopped shaking,

"I'll be there soon, I swear."

"Don't crash." Dan chuckled.

"I'll hurry."