Twenty Six

Dan has that look again

(This chapter has been glitchy so)
___

Dan groaned the next morning, awhere of his doctors presence. He opened his eyes, peering out.

"Hello, Dan. We have a few papers for you to sign, then you may go home. Philip is waiting in the waiting room to take you home." Dan nodded, sitting up. The way the doctor talked made him mad. Everything made him mad. Phil would get irritated with helping him, and Dan would be irritated either way.

This whole thing was his own fault.

Dan sighed and watched the doctor reach for some papers. This would be a long day.

____

Phil's mum had come to pick them up, giving Phil a smile of sympathy when she saw him. With bags under his eyes, hair messy and curly, and left arm in a cast, he looked like shit.

He started to freak when he saw his hair curly. It looked so bad. Those fucking curls made him look even worse than normal. He wished his hair was straight, like Phil's. He liked Phil's hair.

Phil hugged Dan tightly when he walked out. He acted like he hadn't seen Dan three days ago.

Dan remembered that night. How Phil held him, washing worries away. Even for if it was for a bit, Dan felt as if it'd be okay.

Of course, the moment wasn't going to last. And when he awoke to an empty bed the next morning, the moment was gone.

Phil's mum stayed with them for a bit.

"Dan, dear, do you need anything?" The question was constant. Dan shook his head. He did want to straighten his hair, but his laziness forced him to stay on the couch with Phil and his mum.

Dan's mum was busy with work, but promised she would fly out soon. Dan was used to never seeing her. It sucked, because anytime he would try and call, she'd claim she was busy or too tired to talk.

Phil squeezed Dan's hand, smiling softly. When Dan wanted the remote, he had to use his right hand. It fucking sucked, because now he and Phil would have to dely their gaming videos even more.

After about six, Phil's mum announced she was leaving. Dan watched her leave, and sighed. Now it was Phil who had to take care of him.

Dan huffed, and turned back to the anime. When Phil came back, he pulled Dan close. Close like the night he snuck into Dan's room.

Dan smiled, despite the fact he didn't want Phil to worry so much.

He kissed Phil's shoulder, and closed his eyes.

"Just relax, bear. We'll sort videos out tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay," Dan mumered, smiling a bit bigger.