Two

Dan pulled up to the train station, fearing what Phil would say. It was now five thirty eight, and Phil was no longer outside.

Dan bit the end of his finger as he texted Phil. What if he was mad? Or upset?

The door of the shop opened, and out came Dan's best friend. Six bags were balanced on his arms, each seemingly heavy. One of his hands were occupied with his suitcase, the other one was holding his phone.

He looked up, and smiled when he saw the car holding Dan inside. He jogged over, attempting to keep balance as he did so.

The back door swung open, and Phil's bags and suitcase were dumped inside. He brought one bag to the front with him, smiling when he sat.

"How was your week?" Phil asked, buckling his seat belt.

"Boring," Dan responded, leaning forward. "I'm really sorry that I was so late."

"It's all good, Danny. I got you something, by the way," Phil said, reaching into the bag.

"Oh god," Dan laughed, looking at him with a bright smile. Phil brought out a hat that was yellow, and had words that made Dan laugh. "Make videos everyday, I live by that."

"I considered crossing it out and writing every four months," Phil cheekily remarked, pushing the hat on top of Dan's brown, straight hair. Dan chuckled, adjusting it so he could see the road.

"Thanks," he rolled his eyes, still smiling. Suddenly his smile dropped, and with all seriousness, he turned to Phil. "Phil... How many houseplants did you buy?"

"Uh, only two," he laughed. "And maybe two more."

"Phil!" Dan exclaimed, shoving his best friend. He again, rolled his eyes, and started to drive.

"They're all small," Phil told him. "You can have one. I think you'd like the one with the flowers."

"Phil, when don't you spend all your money on houseplants?"

"When I'm eating ice cream," he said, pointing at the upcoming ice cream parlor. I rolled my eyes, and pulled into the parking lot. "Don't roll your eyes. Your girlfriend works here."

"Oh, shut up you spoon." He pulled his wallet out, and jumped from the car. I followed.

"Hey, Faith," Phil said, walking up to the ice cream stand.

"Hey. Is Dan with you?" She asked.

"He's coming," Phil told her. She frowned slightly.

"Okay, what do you want?"

"Just vanilla. Oh, wait. No. I want the coffee flavour. Dan will want the same. I'm paying for him."

"Okay. That's 4 pounds, and 44 pence." Phil paid, and grabbed both ice creams she handed him.

"Here ya go," Phil told Dan. Dan smiled.
"I'm going to talk to Faith. I'll be right back."

Dan walked over, licking his ice cream as he did. Faith smiled. But Dan could tell it was forced. He frowned.

"Hey. What's up?" He asked, leaning so his elbows rested on the half table.

"Hey, Dan. We really need to talk."

"What's wrong?" Concern covered his face. "Is Hunter back?"

"Kind of.." she looked away.

"What's wrong? You can tell me anything, you know."

"I know..." She refused to make eye contact. "Dan, we aren't working out. Don't get me wrong, you're a great person. But I need more than just cuddling and kisses. I still think you're amazing. I was patient. I waited a year and a half, but you were never ready. And it would sort of bother me that maybe you weren't bisexual. Maybe you were gay, and you would break it off with me. I'm sorry..." Dan had tears streaming down his face when she finished.

He pulled away, saying nothing. He more then ever, wanted to eat his ice cream.

He didn't want to drive.

Phil jogged over.

"What happened?" He asked. Dan shook his head.

"I need you to drive," was his response. Phil nodded, putting an arm over Dan's shoulders, and led him to the car.