Fourteen

Dan was smiling, watching the same stupid anime as two days ago.

"Phil?" He asked, turning to his best friend. Phil nodded, looking down at Dan. "Can you get popcorn?"

"Mhm," Phil hummed, standing and walking to the kitchen. His eyes only left the television when he entered the room.

Dan laid down, his head in the spot Phil previously was. He smiled to himself, comfortable.

When he heard Phil open the microwave, and dump the contents into a bowl, Dan decided he wasn't moving.

"Hey, Dan?" Phil stood above him, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah?" He asked, innocently looking up.

"Wanna move?" Dan shook his head. Phil rolled his eyes, and set the bowl down.

He lifted Dan's head, causing him to groan.

"Phil," he whined. Phil plopped down, and let Dan's head fall into his lap. Dan, shrugged. He was still comfortable.

"Grab the popcorn, will ya?"

___

Phil noticed Dan had stopped grabbing popcorn out of the bowl. He was afraid Dan had fallen asleep.

"Dan?" Phil whispered. Dan didn't reply, but turned over. His eyes looked up at Phil's. His skin had a blue shadow from the television. His eyes were partly closed.

"Hmm?" He hummed.

"Just seeing if you were asleep. We've been watching sinse midnight."

"I know. Do you want me to move?"

"No, no, you're good. I didn't know if I should turn it off or not. You good for another episode?" Dan nodded, turning to the TV again. Phil pressed play.

He closed his eyes, only resting for a few seconds. But seconds became minutes, and minutes became two episodes.

Dan had fallen asleep around the same time as Phil, but awoke much sooner.

"Phil?" He whispered. He turned to see Phil leaning his head against the edge of the couch, mouth slightly open as his breathing became heavier. Dan realized he was asleep, and smiled. Phil couldn't last long.

But, he too had fallen asleep. After discovering Phil asleep, he slipped into a comfort. He slept peacefully, arms around the blanket.

____

"Phil?" Dan looked up, expecting to see Phil there. But he wasn't, and Dan was alone.

He heard something in the kitchen, and stood. He peered in, and saw Phil dumping his cereal into a bowl. Dan smirked, and grabbed his phone.

He pressed record.

"Freeze, Lester." Phil looked up from his bowl, and froze. He put a hand over the top of the bowl in an attempt to hide it.

"Hey, Dan. What's up?" He asked. Dan, still recording, looked him dead in the eye.

"I caught you on camera. I have video proof!" He exclaimed, smirking as Phil groaned.

He ended the video, and posted it to YouTube without another word.

Dan went and plugged his phone in. When he got back, Phil was pouring milk into another bowl. He set it next to his, motioning Dan to sit with him. Dan rolled his eyes, smiled, and sat with him.