Twenty Four

Phil allowed the doctors to poke and prod at him, all awhile thinking about Dan and the little girl from before.

He had hit his head hard enough to knock him out, but the doctors said he'd be alright. And, of course, he begged to see Dan.

Ten minutes later, the doctor came back into Phil's room.

"Daniel's-"

"He prefers Dan," Phil said politely. The doctor smiled.

"I'm sorry. Dan's doctor said you'd be okay to see him. But Dan has declined your request so I'm going to have to say no." Phil gave him a confused look.

"What? Why?" Phil sat up a bit more, a small pout on his lips. He felt a sudden wave of sadness. Why didn't Dan want to see him?"

"I'm not sure. And I cannot tell you anything about his medical-"

"Is the little girl from the crash alright?" Phil suddenly asked. The doctor gave a small, sympathetic smile.

"I cannot disclose that."

"Okay.." Phil closed his eyes momentarily. "Can you ask Dan why I can't see him? Please? Ask why he doesn't want me to be there."

"I'm afraid you'll have to ask tomorrow or wait until six. We could arrange for you two to eat dinner in his room if you'd like." Phil nodded, still a bit hurt Dan didn't want to see him.

But at least he was okay.