Twenty Five

Phil asked again, begging for the doctors to let him see Dan. But Dan continued to ignore his pleas.

He was too embarrassed. And it was his fault the little girl had been so hurt.

"Hello, Daniel." And no matter how many times he asked, Phil's doctor was the only one who would call him Dan.

"Hi," he spoke. She smiled, and walked closer.

"How's your arm feel? Numb? Painful?" She inquired, holding her clipboard at her side.

"Numb."

"Alright. That means the medication kicked in. Now, we can have your flatmate, Phil, released and bring us your medication. Or, at this point, you seem ready to be released-"

"I can't go back home. Phil will have to do everything for me-"

"And I'm sure he wouldn't mind. You should try talking to him. It might be good for you both." Dan rolled his eyes.

Dan knew what was good for him. And he believed when he went home, his left arm in a cast wouldn't affect a thing. So what if it was his dominant hand? The only thing he'd have a hard time doing is masturbating.

_____

When it was Phil's last night, he full on intended to see Dan. He didn't know what was up with him, but he wanted to see him. He missed Dan far too much to wait.

So, midnight, Phil peered out his door. When no doctor was present, he ducked out into the hallway. Anthony had visted him and told Phil what floor and general area Dan was in.

So Phil walked into the elevator, stupid hospital gown annoying his legs. He missed the comfort of his skinny jeans.

He walked onto level six, and began looking at the left. He walked that way, peering in all the rooms.

When he came to a certain door, he froze. Inside, the little girl from the crash laid. She had tubes in her everywhere, and she remained absolutely still.

He continued forward, still glancing in rooms.

One room was dimly lit, TV on, and someone stating straight at it.

Phil recognized the person to be his lover, and smiled. Dan was awake, and hopefully awhere of his surroundings.

Phil gently pushed the door open. Dan's eyes slowly fell onto him. Then they widened as Phil closed the door.

"What's wrong?" Phil whispered. Dan hadn't had time to even think about Phil seeing the cast that covered his left arm. He cared that Phil was here, in his room, taking his breath away. It seemed cliché, but Dan was now awhere he shouldn't have assumed Phil would judge.

"Phil," Dan whispered. He swung his legs over the bed, his cast following. Phil's eyes traveled downwards.

"Your arm.. is it broke?" Phil questioned. Dan nodded. "I'll take care of you. You know I will, Dan."

"I know. But I'll have to get used to being dependent on you... And I'm sorry I.. the car.."

"Dan, the car wasn't your fault. The breaks fucked up." Dan almost flinched at his swear. "I'm sorry for swearing," Phil told him, knowing just by the look Dan had he crossed the line slightly.

Phil sat by Dan, and pulled him close. Dan leaned into him, cast comfortably resting on his stomach.

Phil managed to stay another hour before Dan was passing out in his arms. As much as he wanted to stay, the hospital wouldn't be pleased.

So he stayed until he was sure Dan was asleep, and stood. When Dan didn't reach for him, he walked out.