Nineteen

"No," Dan was talking on the phone, seemingly angry. Phil bit his finger gently. Was Dan okay? Who was he talking to?

He remembered the boy from the party. Was that him?

"Leave me alone! No, okay?" Dan angrily rolled his eyes. He closed them a minute later. "Please just leave me alone," he whispered. He put his phone down seconds later. Phil walked in.

"Didn't mean to eavesdrop. I just.. small apartment. What happened?" Dan didn't look up. "Dan-"

"It was Faith. She wants to get back with me." Dan looked away from his previous spot. The window provided somewhere else to avoid eye contact with Phil.

"What do you want?"

"For her to leave me alone. I just want to be alone. I don't want anybody." He glanced at Phil. He felt kind of hurt.

"Relationship wise, or in general?" He asked.

"Both," Dan replied, looking down again. Phil nodded, and turned to walk away.

"Alright," he told Dan, walking in the direction of the couch. Dan grabbed his arm.

"No, I want you, Phil. I need you to be here for me. Everyone else at the moment can fuck off." He hugged Phil.  around the waist, much like a child would. "I need you with me, Phil. You are the most important person in my life, and I don't need anyone else right now. I want you to comfort me when I'm sad. Or be happy for me when I'm happy."

"Dan, it's going to end alright. You're going to be okay, no matter what you think."

Dan looked up at Phil.

"Yesterday night, the night I had a panic attack, I thought about just taking all of the pills. And more. But-"

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" Phil held him tighter. "Oh my god, Dan. I need you. I need you so much. I love you, Dan. You mean so, so much to me. If I lost you... Dan, I wouldn't be able to handle it."

Dan grabbed a fistful of Phil's shirt from behind.

"Phil, the pills aren't helping me anymore. Yeah, okay, I don't feel as sick as I did that week in March, but.. I've been so, so depressed lately." Phil nodded gently. "All I can think about is about the stupid comments from high school. Or how my dads death is coming up..."

"Dan, I promise you its going to be okay. But suicide? Don't. Its not worth it. Me, Anthony, Tyler, Louise, your mum, everyone."

Dan didn't reply, and just continued hugging Phil. Phil hugged him back, both just standing there. It was silent, the sound of Dan's sniffles the only noise.