Twenty Two

Dan got home from shopping, kicking the door closed behind him. As soon as he entered the house, he knew something was off. The dishes were done, and the house wasn't messy. But Phil would have been on the couch, watching stupid YouTube videos.

"Phil?" He called.

"In my room," Phil called back. It sounded strained, like he had been crying.

Dan ran upstairs, looking into Phil's room. Phil sat on his bed with... suitcases?

"Are you leaving on a trip?" Dan asked. Phil looked down, and shook his head. "I'm confused. Are you leaving the apartment?" A nod. Dan slowly entered the room, feeling his heart drop. "W-what did I do? I'm sorry.."

"Dan, this is so, so hard to say." Phil took a deep breath before continuing. "I have been feeling off around you. Not in a bad way, or anything. But I tried saying I didn't like you. I tried to say that kiss at Pj's party had no affect on me. But Dan, it did. And I do like you. Way more than just a friend. So, knowing you don't feel the same, I'm leaving the decision to you. If you want me to leave, I'll go. I'm all packed, all ready, just give me the word."

Dan froze. Phil liked him. He moved over his suitcase, and sat by him.

"That kiss meant nothing."

"I know-"

"Let me finish. That kiss meant nothing. Which is why I was confused why it meant so much to me. Phil, its been on my mind a lot. I like you too, and its all because of the kiss that I realized it. I didn't want it to be true, because I didn't know what to do."

"What do we do?" Phil asked, looking at Dan. "Do we stay friends? Do we date?" Dan looked down, shrugging.

"Whatever you want to do, we'll do it." Dan grabbed his hand, rubbing his knuckle with his thumb. "If we stay friends, make sure you decide that for you. Not for anyone else."

Phil looked down before looking at Dan.

"Dan.."