Thirty Four

"Alright. So just a few weeks with this brace on, I'd say three to four, and if there is any complications, or by five weeks your wrist still hurts, or starts to throb in anyway, please refer back to us. Okay?" Dan smiled and nodded. The doctor patted his shoulder, and opened the door.

Dan hopped off of the couch, smiling as he started to walk by.

"Oh, and Dan. I know you have my number, but here's my personal one. Just in case you ever wanna I dunno.. go get drinks?" The docotor pushed a slip of white folded paper into his hands.

"Oh-"

"Ill see you," he said. Before Dan could explain, the door closed in his face. He shrugged, stuffing the paper into his black skinny jeans.

Phil smiled when Dan walked around the corner.

"A brace? For how long?"

"Ah, a few weeks. Not that bad."

"That's good! I have a plan, and I'll tell you in the taxi." Dan followed his dorky boyfriend out of the building, resisting the urge to grab his hand.

They hopped into the waiting vehicle, Phil grabbing his his hand.

"Lets go to Japan."

"Japan?" Dan exclaimed. Phil smiled, and nodded excitedly.

"You want to go, I want to go. We have enough money now. Come on. Please?" Phil sent him such a pleading look, Dan smiled.

"Well, how about next month?" Phil smiled like a giddy seven year old.

"Oh my god, the houseplants we'll get." Dan rolled his eyes, deciding not to spoil his fun. He squeezed Phil's hand.

______

The first thing Dan did when he got home was flop on the couch. Phil flopped next to him, cuddling into his side.

"It's dinner time."

"It's three."

"So? I'll make us dinner." Phil stood, but Dan pulled him back down.

"Uh huh! You'll eat all the marshmallow's."

"Will not."

"Lets just order a pizza."

"Fine," Phil whined, snuggling against Dan again.

"I'll let you call," Dan smirked. Phil groaned. Dan smiled, poking his side. A hand rubbed his stomach before wrapping an arm around his waist.

"No, I'm good. You call. I'll lay here."

"But I can't move."

"Why?"

"You're on me. And I want you to stay. You call." Phil groaned, pulling away before grabbing his phone.

He dialled a number before pressing call. Dan smiled and stood.

"I'm taking a shower. I'll do laundry-"

"No! Dan, you always do it wrong. I'll do it- hello. Yeah, hi." Phil continued to talk as Dan walked away.

He set the water to his wanted temperature, then stripped. He hopped in, grabbing the soap when he adjusted to the temperature.

"Hey, I'm doing your laundry!" Phil yelled. The bathroom door opened, and Phil grabbed the pile of Dan's clothes.

"Thanks!" Dan yelled back, smiling once again.

Phil pushed Dan's shirt and boxers into the wash, and checked his pants pockets. He felt a piece of paper, and pulled it out. It was slightly wrinkled, but still folded.

He unfolded it, and looked over the words. And then froze.

hey dan. how about we meet up again?  i would have talked longer today but i was busy, super sorry. i want to spend more time together.

876-449-3691

Was Dan cheating? Or did he meet up with a friend? If it was a friend, wouldn't he have his number already?

Phil shoved Dan's pants into the washer, still frowning. He pushed the paper into his pocket, taking a deep breath.

It was just Dan's friend. Who else would it be? Besides, Dan wasn't one to cheat. Phil knew that from watching Dan date other people.