Sixteen

Oof this didn't publish all the way sorry xD

___

Dan never liked to go to party's. Phil wasn't the party type either. And Dan could never hold his liquor well. He'd be drunk way before Phil, so Phil took it upon himself to be the responsible one.

Pj's party was in an hour, and Dan was trying his best to remain calm.

"Promise you'll keep an eye on me?" Dan asked again, glancing at Phil. Phil nodded, smiling.

"Promise," he spoke. Dan smiled. Yeah, he felt suddenly ashamed of relying on Phil. But he knew Phil didn't mind. And if Phil didn't judge him, he would be okay.

___

They opened the door to Pj's Christmas party, both having different thoughts. Phil beamed of sight of his friends. Dan frowned because of how crowded it was.

Phil led Dan farther inside, and found Tyler. He was hanging in the back with some dude, laughing and smiling. Anthony was joking with a girl, and a few other people were with Pj.

"Hey, Phil!" Louise walked over, swinging her arm around his shoulder. Phil smiled and greeted her.

Later in the evening, Dan was a bit, only a bit, tipsy. Phil hadn't seen Dan in two hours, and he felt a bit anxious. Was he okay?

He looked around, trying to spot him. He saw Dan on the couch, alone, drinking something. He set the empty glass down, and looked around.

Somebody walked over, and Phil smiled. So Dan wasn't lonely tonight after all. Phil watched them talk. Dan laughed, and was smiling at him.

Phil turned around to talk to Pj.

____

Phil had made it a point to avoid the mistletoe. He knew how Tyler would be.

But when he saw Dan again, he looked extremely uncomfortable. Phil forgot about the mistletoe, and walked directly under it. He didn't think Tyler noticed, so he continued forward.

"Hey, Dan." Phil plopped down besides the awkward boy. Dan looked relieved about Phil.

"Hey, Phil," The boy next Dan spoke. He smiled at Phil, and looked at Dan. "I'll see ya later."

He stood up, and walked away.

"What's with him?" I asked Dan, leaning back into the couch. Dan stood, and grabbed my hand.

"I'm getting another shot. Come with," Dan told him. Phil rolled his eyes, following Dan.

It was the last second Tyler stopped them. He smirked, and pointed above the two. Dan slowly looked up.

The mistletoe loomed above them, causing Dan to look at Phil. Phil shrugged.

"Oh, come on you two," Tyler spoke, trying to make them a tad less awkward with each other.

All the sudden, Dan shrugged. He leaned down, letting his lips touch Phil's. Phil closed his eyes as he kissed Dan back.

When Dan pulled away, he was more affected than he thought. Dan looked the same.

"Damn," Tyler laughed. "You two need a room?" Dan rolled his eyes, pulling Phil into the kitchen with him.

"So, what you been up to?" He asked Phil. Phil smiled, telling him about what he'd done at the party so far. Spoke with Pj. Walked around. Nothing too exciting.

"What about you?" He asked. "Sorry I didn't keep my eye on you the whole time." Dan chuckled.

"Same." He replied.

And the rest of the night went by. Although, it was different. Both of them felt sorta weird now. Phil couldn't place what it was, but that night, whenever Dan was close to him, he felt his stomach do weird things.

And Dan? He blamed his stomach on the alcohol. Why else would his stomach feel as if it was doing flips?