Twenty One

Three days passed before Phil had enough. Dan would blatantly ignore him, not caring what Phil did to try and strike up a conversation.

Not once did Phil apologize. The fight wasn't his fault.

Or maybe, he should have spoken to Dan about it.

But Phil wouldn't be thinking about this as much if that stupid feeling in his stomach would just go away. He didn't like Dan. Not like that. And Dan certainly didn't like him.

But Dan as well had the same feeling. His stomach twisted in all the right ways when he and Phil made eye contact. He felt lighter on his feet. God, he felt so stupid.

But, feelings pushed aside, Phil needed Dan. He needed to talk to him, he needed to be there for him.

So, when he knew Dan would be waking in a half an hour, he made a shit load of food for breakfast. He made popcorn. He put out drinks. He had Dan's favourite anime ready to play.

And he smiled at his work.

Dan stumbled out into the living room, not in his pajamas.

"How about we watch some anime? I made breakfast," Phil smiled, patting the spot next to him. Dan shook his head, grabbed his keys, and walked out the door.

Phil's smile dropped. He felt himself get sad, and squeezed his eyes shut. Of course it wasn't going to work. How dumb could he be?

He shut the TV off, and not bothering to clean up the food, went into his room. Dan was mad. Really, really mad.

He laid on his bed, deciding to just go back to sleep. Dan could eat all the food, and watch his anime when he got back. Without Phil.

The front door opened, making Phil jump. He stood, figuring it was probably Louise or Pj.

He walked into the hallway, and saw Dan. A maple syrup bottle was in his hands.

Phil looked down, turned around, and headed back to his room.

"You forgot the maple syrup," Dan called after him. Phil was suprised to hear him speak. But, he wasn't sure that Dan had gotten over it.

"Well, enjoy I guess." Phil entered his room, and laid on his bed. If Dan came for him, Phil would know if it was okay. But if he didn't? Phil would give up.

When his door opened, he turned.

"What?" He asked. It wasn't snarky, it wasn't angry.

"Come join me," Dan said. "We can talk out there. With the food."

Phil stood, and followed Dan out into the living room.

"I should have just talked to you. I shouldn't have hidden them, I should have just talked to you, and looked at your arms daily. I'm sorry," he told Dan. Dan shook his head.

"I'm sorry I overreacted. You were only looking out for me, and I... I'm just really sorry I ignored you." He hugged Phil around the waist, and Phil hugged him back.

"Food and anime?"

"Food and anime."