Thirty Three

It was noon. Dan was hungry. He wanted food. But the kitchen was oh so far. He didn't want to move. But, for the sake of his stomach, he pulled away from Phil and headed to the kitchen.

Pizza, maybe some crisps, ice cream, Dan's eyes scanned everything. He settled on some crisps, and walked into the living room. He intended to go back to Phil when he was done eating, but Phil came out there first.

"Dan?"

"Hey there Philly. I was just eating some crisps. Want some?" He held the bag in front of him as Phil walked over. Phil shook his head, plopping down next to Dan. His head rested against Dan's side, his arms around Dan's waist. Again, Phil was all up on him. Dan wasn't complaining. He was confused.

Was Phil okay? Or did Dan do something wrong again? No, that wouldn't make sense as to why he's trying to be as close as he could.

"Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah. Why?" There was hesitation, and Dan easily picked up on it.

"What's wrong? Phil, you can talk to me about anything." Phil looked up at Dan.

"What if you had died?" He whispered. "Dan, you could have died."

"Phil, that's not a problem anymore. I'm okay! You're okay, and we're both together. That's what's important. It was rough, but we're fine."

"You could have died, Dan."

"Well, I didn't. And I'm here, setting my crisps down, and holding you. I'm okay. You know I'm here, and everyone else does too. Look at me. Hey, look. I'm okay."

Phil just snuggled closer.

"I know. That's why I want to spend so much more time together. If something had happened that day, I would keep thinking about how we didn't do much as a couple. So just keep holding me, and don't let me go yet, okay?"

"Okay, Philly. I won't let go anytime soon."

Phil smiled against Dan, and whispered,

"Good thing too. I wouldn't have anyone's cereal to steal."