Nine

"Bye!" Phil yelled, waving at the audience. They cheered, any words yelled back unauditable.

Dan waved, and smiled as he followed Phil off of the stage. But Dan started to feel.. off.

"Damn," Dan laughed, grabbing the water bottle he had set down backstage. He drank, his throat kind of sore from talking for two hours straight.

"That was so fun," Phil smiled, an extra bounce in his step. Dan nodded, smiling as well.

"I know," he agreed.

"Are you okay? You had fun, right?" Phil's worriedness made Dan's heart flutter. He was so lucky to have a friend care about him so much.

"I had a lot of fun," he said. But Dan closed his eyes, and tried to keep his breathing calm.

"Dan? What's wrong?"

"I didn't take my antidepressants today," he whispered. Phil instantly put his arm around Dan's shoulders.

"Dan, let's go home."

"We need t-to meet up with Pj," Dan argued.  Phil shook his head.

"No. Bear, let's go. You're not going to be sick and sad all day. It'll take forty minutes to get home, that's all."

"I don't want to cancel." Dan bit his lip, wishing he hadn't forgotten. Why was it so bad? Why did he forget?

"I'll call them once we're on the road. We're leaving." Phil was stubborn. Too stubborn to let his best friend suffer the rest of the day.

Dan finally complied, letting Phil lead him.

He was shaking by this point, it was hard to stay calm. It was like a long panic attack.

He was happy Phil made him go home. Phil always looked out for him.

___

Can we just...

Dan's week without his antidepressants. How he talked about this with his new video.

I feel so bad. Like, okay, poor fucking Dan. A WEEK with withdrawal symptoms.

Okay, sorry. Bye bye.