Fifteen

My favourite image of Dan that I screenshotted. Just paused the video, and couldn't stop laughing.
__

Dan still was feeling good. A light headache was all that reminded.

A light jacket was on his shoulders, and a jumper underneath.

It was cold, despite what Phil said. Phil said it was warm. Phil had given Dan his jacket. It never crossed Dan's mind as romantic, or anything more than platonic. But when a fan saw them walking, Phil's jacket on Dan, he swooned.

"Awe! Phan is real!" He cheered. His friend beside him laughed. "Hey, can we take a picture?"

"Course," Phil spoke. Dan smiled, leading Phil to the boy who spoke. Phil watched as the second boy, the one who laughed, grab the first boys phone.

They smiled, and Dan put up his legendary peace up.

"So, is Phan real?" He spoke up. "Or is this another 'coincidence'?"

"I wish," Phil said. Dan laughed, shoving his friend as he joked.

"That's disgusting," his friend spoke.

"Hey! Milo, come on, take a moment to not be a homophobe." They walked away, and Dan cast his eyes down. Even if him and Phil weren't together, it bugged him people couldn't just accept love for what it was.

Phil spied this. He grabbed Dan's hand, smiling at him gently. Dan didn't bother looking up, and walked faster.

"Dan, ignore him." Phil spoke, loud enough for Dan to hear, even though he pretended not to notice. "Dan, did you hear me? It doesn't matter if your gay. Or, bi, in your case. It's fine."

"Can we hurry?" He asked, trying to avoid the subject. Phil looked up at the sky for a second, and frowned.

"Yeah," he said. He watched Dan's happiness fade away by one comment, and sighed. Dan was so sensitive. It wasn't his fault, nor was it a bad thing. It was just hard for Phil to think about the bad emotions he must feel when people insulted him.

They arrived at the pond, and sat down on the benches together. Dan stared at the water, upset written all over his face.

"Did his comment bug you that much?" Phil asked. He already knew the answer. Dan nodded, and shrugged.

"It shouldn't. We're not even dating, and it still upset me. Why is that disgusting? Why would us being together be disgusting? Would it be so disgusting for two close friends to be together?" Dan looked up at Phil, his eyes bigger, and his mouth in a slight pout. Although Dan knew some people hated his sexuality, he never quite understood why people were so against gays. And Phil knew this.

"Dan, you know how people are." He squeezed Dan's hands tighter. "It's not disgusting. You know that. I know that. The problem is he doesn't know it. Even if we were gay together, it won't be okay by a lot of people. But it's a good thing that doesn't matter, okay?" Dan nodded, and out of nowhere, hugged Phil.

The hug wasn't just a hug. Not for Dan. It was to show Phil, and himself, how Phil was all he could hold onto. And he was okay with it.