Ten

Once they were in the house, Dan started to walk to his room.

He opened the mirror, and looked at a package. He grabbed it.

"Fuck," Dan whispered, dropping it. There were no pills inside.

He rummaged through, finding another pack. He pulled the plastic out, but stopped. There was none.

"Fuck!" Dan yelled, dropping it as well. He grabbed his phone, and ran to his dresser. He was so shaky, he almost dropped it.

No pills were there either.

"Dan?" Phil came in, pushing Dan's door all the way open.

"I have to go," Dan told him, grabbing a jumper and sliding it on. He felt like he was on the verge of a panic attack.

"Where? I'll drive you."

"I need to go to therapy. I'm out of antidepressants, and he'll give me another dose," he fumbled, pushing past Phil to get his shoes back on.

"Okay. Are you sure you're out?"

"Yes! I looked, I had two empty packs." He nodded.

They got outside, and to the car. Phil started it instantly.

After a fifteen minute drive, they reached the office. Dan ran out, busting through the doors.

"Hello, Daniel," the lady at the desk smiled. He couldn't even force one.

"Is Melanie available?" He asked, clutching the side of the small desk.

"Yes. Do you need to talk to her?"

"It's not a b-big deal, I just need to talk to her for a few minutes. You can charge me and all, but fuck."

"Okay. You can head on in, and I'll call her and tell her, okay?" Dan nodded. His breathing was slowed down by the time he walked in.

"Hey, Dan. Have a seat." Melanie smiled, pointing at the cushioned love seat. He nodded, and sat. He bit the end of his finger anxiously.

"I ran out of antidepressants," he mumbled, pressing his fingers to his temples. "Me and Phil finished our show, and I felt like shit. He made us go home to take the pills. I found I ran out. I feel like I'm on the verge of a panic attack."

"Okay. Dan, I can give you two pills. But that's all I can give you until next Thursday." His eyes grew.

"What? Why?"

"Because you aren't aloud to have another dose until your time runs out. Did you have a hard week?" She asked.

"Yeah. Faith broke it off," Dan whispered the last part. Melanie nodded.

"And how did you take that?"

"Bad. Phil drove and got us pizza. Then I cried a lot, and he helped me through it. He's slept with me for a few days, because I just end up crying. He made sure I was okay with going to the show. I was, but forgot to take my antidepressants. But we got home, only to realize I had none. Phil drove me here."

"So, would you say Phil is helping you cope? With the whole thing with Faith?" Dan nodded.

"Yeah, he's been a big help."

"Then he'll help you with this week. Next week, during our appointment, I can give you two more packages. For now, I'll give you two to get through the day. Does that sound alright?"

No.

"Yeah, that fine."