2

Frost's P.O.V
*****************

   Chapter Two: You Disgrace

School finally let out, and I swear Rose is trying to kill me. Like, all day she's been glaring at me. When me and Manon were walking to our last class, Rose was so close behind me, I could smell her richness.

"The cool fall air blows the leaves around. Kids walk by, some by themselves, some in groups, and some holding hands. And then, there's Frost. A girl simply drinking her lemon water, sitting in her car with the door wide open, talking out loud,"

"But... what's this? By Ollie the Bear, there's her best friend, with the man of her dreams, walking to his car. Laughing at whatever, forgetting about Frost. Poor, poor Frost. And while she's having fun, Frost waits for her tutor, Nova Hurkins. A fellow classmate. He's quite cute but he's got a personality of a trash ca-"

"Who in the hell are you talking to?"

I scream and jump, nearly tumbling out of my car. "Don't do that!" I yell at Nova who is standing by me with an amused and confused expression. "You can't just sneak up on somebody like that!" I yell, hoping he'll see the shookness on my face.

Who even made the word 'shook'?

I was never one to like being scared. My cousin put on a creepy clown mask, hid in the closet and when I walked by, she jumped out and scared the living crap out of me. She nearly gave me a heart attack.

Let me just say, I was only five.

The only time I'll accept being scared is Halloween. Like, if I'm getting scared for the candy, might as well.

He smirks, "It's quite peaceful, not hearing you talk. Your appearance is way better when your mouth isn't moving. You should do this more often."

"Rude. Get in my car before I run you over." I struggle to contain my laughs. I, Frost Matthews, just got roasted by Nova Hurkins.

How surprising.

I should be the one roasting, not him.

"Are you ready to have some fun?" I ask him, starting my car. As he buckle his belt, he snorts.

"Trust me. You and fun do not get along."

What felt like forever, we finally got to my house. Nova trudges behind me as if I'm leading him to his death.

Which I am.

I abruptly stop walking, causing Nova to crash into my back. I slowly turn around, "I must warn you, my mom is a little... dirty minded... and pregnant."

My mom. Denisse Clair Matthews, is probably the most dirty minded person I have ever met. Especially when it comes to boys.

He blinks repeatedly, "Your mom is pregnant?" I nod and continue walking to my door.

I poke my head inside my door, "Oh mother! I'm home! With a guest!" I yell and yank Nova in.

I pray, to whoever is up there, please have mercy on my poor innocent soul. And please, give me some money to buy chips.

"Hello..." she trials off, eyeing Nova suspiciously. I give her a 'you better stOp' look and she innocently smiles.

"Mom, this is Nova. Our neighbor who never comes outside." I introduce him to my mom. He gives her a charming smile and she raises a brow.

"Hello Mrs. Matthews. It's a pleasure to meet you,"

"Such a nice young man," Mom holds out her hand, and he gently takes it and shakes it. "Oh! And a nice shake too!" Nova looks at me for help.