13

Frost's p.o.v
**************

   Chapter Thirteen: Chip the dip.

I struggle to keep my eyes open. Nailia is passed out at the end of my bed. I put my laptop on the charger, and roll over.

"Stop moving.." Nailia mutters in a sleepy tone. She snatches the blanket off of me, leaving me bare and exposed to the cold air.

That's literally the only blanket I have.

I should probably buy more...

I sit up, frowning. I get up and walk to my window. I open the window and get blasted in the face with cold air. Shivering, I grab a pebble I left there and chuck it at Nova's window.

Nothing happened for a few minutes before it slowly opened. "What do you want?"

"Do you have a blanket I could borrow?" I ask, shivering. He gives me a once over before turning around. He hands me a blanket, and I wrap it around me.

"Thank you," I say, closing my window. I begin to walk back to my bed, only to trip over Nailia's leg. I lie on the ground in a very uncomfortable position.

I hear the sound of rapid footsteps before my door springs open. My dad walks in, looks at Nailia before me and sighs. "What is going on up here?" he demands.

"Nothing. I fell." I answer, already knowing he won't ask if I'm okay. I climb up to my bed. He grunts while leaving.

I curl up into a ball, snuggling in the blanket.

•.•

"Oh, Christmas tree oh Christmas tree," I hum, pulling on my jacket. Mom, dad, and Nailia are sitting at the table, eating breakfast.

"What are you wearing? It's too cold for sweats and a t-shirt." Dad scolds.

All I'm wearing is some sweats and a large t-shirt. Not really a big deal.

Unless I was showing my stomach, then I'd understand.

"I'll be going now," I say to them, grabbing my bag. I run out of the house, greeted with Manon leaning on my car.

"Hey best friend," she greets.

"Hello, my good sir!" I greet back with a laugh. She playfully glares at me, punching my shoulder.

"I'm a woman."

"Sure you are, sure. Lies and slander." I tease, getting in my car. She gets herself with her bottom lip pushed out. "Stop pouting. I'm only stating the truth." I start driving to school.

"Whatever," she laughs. As she buckles her seat belt, she turns to me with a raised brow. "What's up with you and Nova?"

"What do you mean?" I ask innocently.

"You know what I mean. Cole texted me a screenshot of him and Nova texting," she states and I gulp.

"It said that you 'insulted' him. What did you say?"

"Uh.. m-me no speak-a English.."

We arrived at the school and Manon stopped bothering me about Nova. Now, we're sitting in History, working on an essay about ancient China.

I scribble on my paper, actually excited to be writing. I've always liked writing, even when I was younger.

My stomach growls, causing Manon to look at me. I sheepishly smile at her, pulling out a trail mix from my bag. I try opening it quietly but it makes that crinkly noise.