7

Frost's p.o.v
************

Chapter Seven: Piggyback Rides

I walk back inside, smiling to myself. I walk into the kitchen, seeing my mom at the stove.

"Why are you always cooking?" I ask, hopping on the counter. "I mean, don't get me wrong. I love food."

"You never know. And my food is delicious." she laughs, but soon hisses, holding her stomach.

"What's wrong? Is the grape going to juice? Do I need to steal my own car and drive you to the hospital?!" I ask frantically, jumping down from the counter. She chuckles and places my hand on her stomach.

"Oh my- she's kicking?" I breath out in surprise. "That's so cool!" I move my hand so she feel herself.

"Aw.. she's just like you."

"There can only be one," I say, quoting Shawn from Psych. God I love that show.

"Well, now that can only be two." mom flicks my nose before turning back to the stove. I hear my phone ding from the living room, and I bolt out the kitchen.

I pick up my phone, gasping.

Oh my god! Beyoncè tweeted me!

Just kidding.

I'm not that famous.

Unknown: Go to your window.
7:59 p.m

Curiously, I walk upstairs. I step into my dark room, flick on the light and get into a fighting position. A booming laugh from outside startles me.

I look out my window and see Nova at his. I open mine, "Did you get the message too? Are you okay? Lets go kick some buttocks!"

He laughs even more, "Oh my god, Matthews. I sent you that message!" he wipes his eyes, his laughter slowing down.

"Wait.. if you did.. then how did you get my number? I didn't give it to you." I ask skeptically.

"I have my ways." he smirks, leaning on the seal.

"But why are you texting me?"

"Why does it matter? Shouldn't you be in bed? You go to sleep early, right."

"No... yes... maybe?" I furrow my brows, "Wait how do you know that?!"

"Good night,"

"Hey you have to answer my-"

"Good night Frost."

•.•

I eventually fell asleep last night.

I trudge downstairs, yawning. I stroll into the kitchen and find my mom once again, cooking.

"Morning honey."

"Morning ma," I greet, grabbing an apple. The door bell rings, and I go to answer it. Expecting it to be Nova, it is instead Kai.

"Oh, hey Chip!" I beam at him. He nervously smiles.

"Can you drive me to school? I-I missed the bus.."

"Duh." I go back inside, grab my bag, and head back outside. "Cole is probably gonna drive Manon, like always." We walk down and off my porch, heading for my car.

Suddenly, Kai gives me hug. "What's up?" I ask, patting his back.

"Nothing.. I'm just thankful for you being my friend.. I don't want you to leave.."