9

Frost's p.o.v
**************

   Chapter Nine: Karma

Silence.

No sound of something sizzling.. or popping. Or the sound of the water running, or even the clanking of dishes. No whistling or the radio blaring.

Nothing.

And I...

I think I'm liking it!

Not even the quietest noise can be heard.

I love it. I get to lounge in my cupcake pajamas all day, do nothing but binge watch shows, eat all the snacks I can, never getting interrupted.

Knock.

I take that back. I take it all back.

Sighing, I pull myself up from my bean bag. I set my warm coffee down and turn the volume on the t.v down.

I am going to kill who ever interrupted my The Office marathon.

It's Saturday, hallelujah. Mom said she was going out to a pregnancy check up or something like that.

I crack open the door just a smidge, "Exactly what are you doing here on a fine day like this?" I ask in my best British voice.

"Open the door Matthews, it's important."

"Um.. I'm going to have to say no.."

"It wasn't a question." Nova glares at me.

"Well you see, I'm in my pajamas and I haven't really brushed my hair. So I look like a really messed up lion." I explain, still hiding behind the door.

He sighs, "I don't care how you look in the morning. Now let me in." Before I could protest, he pushes himself in. I gasp dramatically at his clothes.

He has one some black skinny jeans that weirdly hug his legs. He has a teal shirt with a black like across it, and some teal-ish Converse.

Why is it that his shoes always match his shirt?

"It's Saturday, and you're dressed fancy? What is wrong with you? Have you been brainwashed?" I ask and he rolls his eyes, walking to my bean bag.

Don't do it...

I watch him plop down and press play on my show. "This is important? Stealing my show and my chair?"

He looks at me with an irritated expression. I hold my hands up in defence and walk to him. Grabbing my coffee, I sit down on the couch.

"Should have burned this place down when I had the chance."

"Coles birthday is on Monday." he states, turning the t.v down. I smile, giving him my attention.

"How old is he turning?" I ask, taking a long sip of my coffee. "Eighteen like you?" I guess.

He nods, and I choke on my drink.

I thought they were both seventeen! I was just guessing!

God they're old.

"I haven't gotten him a present and-" I cut him off with a wave of my hand.

"Let me guess. You want me to help you? 'Cause the answer is duh." I grin, hopping over the back of my couch. I bolt upstairs.

I'm The Flash now.

I quickly slip out of my pajamas and into some light blue skinny jeans, a dark grey long sleeved and my black ankle boots. I run a brush through my lion's mane, and run back downstairs.