35

Frost's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Thirty-five: How you doin'?

I slowly walk down the stairs tiredly. I rub my eyes while walking into the kitchen.

"Hey ma," I greet mom as I see her.

"Good morning honey, and happy birthday!"

"Thank you, and what's that?" I ask and point the envelope she's holding. I bet its money. Or my letter to Hogwarts.

I've been waiting...

"And where's Neo?"

"He had to leave on a very important business trip down to Cali..." she says and hands me the envelope, "It's for you,"

I take it from her and put it in my backpack. "I'll read it later, I've got to go get the big baby," I explain, pulling my hair into a ponytail.

"Okay honey," she kisses my head, "I can't wait to go shopping with you and Manon!" she exclaims with a smile. I smile back before walking outside.

As I lock the door, I hear rustling noises behind me.

Oh no. I didn't want to die today! I still have junk food to eat! And a Hogwarts letter I'm waiting for.

"I-I have ninja starts," I gulp, and slowly turn around.

I see Nova standing with a big bear and a bag. "Happy birthday!" he smiles and winks at me. "Baby,"

Wow. He actually got ready today. I guess he isn't a baby.

I blush with a smile, "Don't do that! I really have ninja stars! And... did you waste money on me?"

He scoffs, "I can never waste money on you," he starts walking towards me when I remember his wound.

"Is that hurting you?" I frantically ask while running up to him. "Here, let me take it,"

He chuckles as I try taking the bear from him. "Boy, give it to me."

"Not until..." he puts on a thinking face, "You give me a kiss," I don't hesitate and kiss his cheek.

"Alright, now give me," I say and try taking it again. "Nova!" I exclaim with a small laugh as he tightens his grip on the poor bear.

"I meant right here," he uses his free hand to tap his lips. I pout and cross my arms. "Guess you won't get the bear..."

I stand on my tiptoes and quickly peck his lips. "Happy now?" I ask as I pull away.

"Hm," he pierces his lips, "No," he then leans down, capturing my lips. He wraps his free arm around my waist, pulling me in.

I think my heart stopped. Get someone who knows CPR.

"So," Manon's voice is heard, "Are we going to get going or..."

I quickly pull away and look at Manon and Cole. "Hi, Manny!" I wave her over. She raises a brow and glances at Cole. "Ready to go?"

"I dunno, are you two done?" she asks with a teasing smile.

I laugh evilly, "Oh please. It isn't like you two haven't kissed in front of us,"

She blushes before clearing her throat. "Let's go to school before we're late,"

Ah, lunch. My favorite time of the day.

"Happy happy birthday! From all of us to you! We wish it was our birthday so we could party too!" Nova sings, making me blush.