15

Frost's p.o.v
***************

   Chapter Fifteen: I guess I 'fell' for you.

When I took a step, the ice beneath me broke and I started to fall in. And, since I'm so smart, I stuck my arms out, and they smack the non-broken ice.

Dang, it, now Nova is going to say "I told you so," and I'll never hear the end of it from my dad about my ruined clothes.

I can easily dry them, you know. Like, take them off, put them in the dryer, and turn it on.

Easy as that.

And then, while they're drying, I can snack on some Tide Pods.

Just kidding.

We seriously need to stop joking about eating tide pods. Unless somebody has actually already tried that...

I hiss as my bare arms touch the ice. That's so freaking cold. Colder than Nova's heart. Nova runs towards me, "Frost, hold on!"

"What do you think I'm trying to do? Talk to the fishes?" I ask and shiver as the cold water soaks me.

Did I ever mention that I can't swim?

No?

Oh.

Well, I can't swim by the way.

I'm never skating again. Ever again. Even if someone bribes me with food, I'll take the food and run off.

I try pulling myself up and fail miserably. I'm not strong, I'm weak. Weaker than a grass blade, to be honest. Nova wobbles as he tries walking across the ice. Oh my god.

I really wish I had a camera right now.

He looks so adorable trying not to fall!

Nova reaches me and immediately grabs my arms, pulling me up. The cold air nips at my wet skin, making me colder. Nova hurriedly scoops me up, sliding off the ice.

So dramatic.

"Cole! Do you still have those blankets?" Nova asks, running to Cole's car. I huddle close to Nova, my teeth chattering.

He sets me down in the back seat of Cole's car and wraps a blanket around me. Nova pulls off my skates and chucks them somewhere. Poor skates. They never did anything to hurt him...

"Are you okay? Is anything hurting?"

Oh, the warmth...

I grin, pulling the blanket close to me, "Yeah.. my ego is hurting."

He rolls his eyes and rubs my shoulders, "This seriously isn't the time for jokes."

He dabs my face with the blanket. "It kind of is, and I'm alright.." Nova suddenly pulls me in, squeezing me. "Careful, you might get my infection."

"How can you joke at a time like this? You could get hypothermia, and you're making jokes," he asks, his voice muffled.

"Because it is how I stay calm. Take notes, ladies, and gentlemen." I answer truthfully and lie my head on his shoulder. "I'm fine. Just a teensy bit cold."

God, I sound like my mom.

Which is a great thing, don't get me wrong.

"Here," Cole pulls off his jacket and hands it to me. I shrug off the blanket and pull on the jacket. Quickly pulling back the blanket, I tuck my knees under my chin.

Oo. Cole smells like a campfire.

I glance at my socks. "Aw man!" I cry out.

"What?" Nova frantically asks.