16

Frost's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Sixteen: No, my eyes are just sweating.

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch." I sing while brushing my hair. I put it into a loose braid. I throw on my black leggings, and my dark red long sleeved shirt. I pull on my dirty old high top, converse and grab my bag.

I run downstairs, searching for my wonderful mom. "Ma?" I walk into the kitchen and find it strangly empty.

"She's at a check-up," Dad explains and hands me a brown bag. "I packed you some lunch. Your favorite," he says with a genuine smile.

"Thank you?" I ask more than say. He pats my head before disappearing back into the kitchen.

My dad has never once made me a lunch. Ever. Not even when I was younger.

My phone buzzes and I fish it out of my pocket.

Manon: I'm not going to school, I keep throwing up.
6:47 a.m

Me: nooooooo, you need get better. I'm gonna be stuck with the boys😭😭 I do like bothering them, don't get me wrong. But you're my partner in crime girl.
6:47 a.m

Manon: Sorry and you'll be just fine. Stop complaining.
6:47 a.m

Me: fine.
6:48 a.m

I shut my phone off and pierce my lips. "To avenge my best friends sickness, I will make the boys suffer."

"The only one suffering is you,"

"Shut up Nailia."

I walk outside and skip over to Nova's house. I knock on his door and Tatum answers it. Her eyes light up as they meet mine. "Good morning Tatum!"

"Hello dear, how can I help you?" she says with a smile.

"Can Nova drive me to school today? I don't have enough gas, and I'm saving it to drive and get some more." I explain and she nods.

"Of course," she calls for Nova and he appears with an apple in his mouth.

He looks like... those one pigs that are about to get cooked in those cartoons. And then Pumba from The Lion King.

His eyes fall on me, and he sighs. I grin and wave. "Bye mom," he says and quickly gives his mom a kiss on the cheek.

Oh em goodness. That was by far the most cutest thing I have ever seen him do.

As soon as he closes the door, I pinch his cheeks. "Awe you're so sweet!" he slaps my hands away, walking away. I follow him with a grin on my face.

He gets in his car, slamming his door. "You have more mood swings than my ninety-year-old great grandpa," I tell him as I get in.

"Whatever." he sighs and starts driving, "I heard there was going to be a rainstorm. Do you have a raincoat? If you don't, you can borrow mine." I freeze and slowly turn my head to face him.

"W-What kind of rainstorm? Is it going to flood?" I ask and gulp. He looks at me weirdly, frowning.

"You know, heavy rain- Matthews don't you watch the News?"

I ignore his question and look out the window. Sure enough, the clouds were darker than usual. Nova pulls into the school lot, parking his car. I wipe my sweaty hands on my jeans before hopping out of the car.

I snatch my bag and rush towards the building. I hear Nova call for me, but I ignore him, picking up my pace. A hand grasps my arm, pulling me back. I whip around and see Nova. "Where are you going, Matthews? What's wrong?"