25

Frost's p.o.v
***************

   Chapter Twenty-five: It's like Mission Impossible up in here

"She looks so peaceful,"

"They have the same nose."

"Wow. They do,"

"Wait... so since Frost is my half-sister, does that make August my... half half sister?"

I pry open my eyes and squint at the daylight. I look around and see I'm in my living room.

Wait I don't remember getting here. I don't remember anything, except... walking into a room and fighting a dragon.

Come to think of it, I don't think I beat the dragon.

"How- what? How did I get here?" I ask Nailia in a really groggy voice.

I sit up on my couch to find August in one of those baby cart things, staring at me. Like, someone puts their baby in it... I can't remember what they're called.

"What time is it?" I ask.

"One in the afternoon."

I guess I am a heavy sleeper. Eh. I love to sleep. And food. And Pudge.

I look down at my clothing and see I'm in my cupcake pajamas. "Hey, I don't remember changing!"

"Two days," Nailia states, "You've been asleep for two days."

"W-what? That's not- is that even possible?! Did I even eat? Drink water?" I exclaim in pure shock. Mom nods, and dad chuckles.

"You slept walk into the kitchen and practically had a feist in here." mom explains.

"You've always been a big sleeper, honey." dad says while flipping the next page of his newspaper.

"Honey?" I raise my brows.

Since when did he start... never mind.

"Yeah... mom calls you honey," he says slowly.

"But you aren't mom. You aren't flat, you have a stick and two cherries." I state which makes Nailia laugh.

I am confusion.

"Wait... so I technically hybernated?! I knew it! I really am an animal." I say and mom chuckles.

"No honey, you aren't an animal." Mom chuckles and picks up August. I open my mouth to say something when the doorbell rings, cutting me off.

"Oh! Honey, I want you to meet somebody." Mom says while walking over to the door. She opens it to reveal a man around her age.

"Ma, are you dating again?" I tease with a smirk. She opens and closes her mouth, a light blush on her cheeks. "Oh my god, you are!" I exclaim, my eyes wide.

"Hello! I'm Neo, nice to meet you!" this so-called, Neo waves at me. He kisses my mom's lips, which makes her blush even more.

"I thought I had a mother once," I sigh dramatically and stand up. Crossing my arms, I slowly walk up to Neo. "What kind of job do you have?"

"I'm a criminal lawyer," he answers while putting an arm around mom's waist.

"Okay... how did you meet my mom?"

"We've been friends since high school-"

"WHAT?!" my mouth falls open, "You- out of all the stories I've been told, she's never told me about you!"