17

Frost's p.o.v
************

   Chapter Seventeen: Math book, don't fail me now.

I, am Frost Matthews. Daughter of a pregnant chef, and a douchebag dad. I am annoying, I speak the truth, and I am still a little child on the inside.

"Are you going to tell me or..." he awkwardly says as he pats my back. I inhale deeply as I press my head further into Nova's chest.

God this is awkward. This is more awkward than the time I was checking him out. Or the time I tried pushing a pull door. Or even the time I tripped at my aunt's wedding.

I'm getting off topic.

"Ombrophobic."

"What?" he asks. I sigh deeply, leaving his hug. The warmth instantly leaves, leaving me cold.

"I'm... Ombrophobic." I state, covering my ears. The rain noise seeps through my fingers, sending chills down my spine.

I should've brought my earphones. But because I'm so stupid, I left them in the bathroom.

"ItmeansIamafraidoftherainandrainstormsandthatswhy-"

"Woah, slow down, Matthews." Nova shakes my shoulders and pulls my hands away, "Speak like a human."

"I-I'm afraid of the rain and rainstorms," my voice quavers, and I clear my throat. "I usually just stay in my room until it goes away. Call me a wimp if you'd like to."

The rain noise feels as if it's getting louder, and louder. I shuffle closer to Nova, a small smile on my lips.

"I didn't know... someone could-"

I lay my head on his chest, stopping him mid-sentence. His body freezes, and I'm sure he stopped breathing. "You're hard for a football player like my nose could've broken those times I ran into you," I comment.

"Right," he says, stepping away. I stumble forwards. "So uh, how did you become... Ombrophobic?"

"That, my friend, is a story for another time." I pat his shoulder as I brush past him. I waltz into the bathroom, "If you don't mind, I have business to attend to."

I close the door, "Exactly what business do you have in the bathroom?" Nova asks from the other side of the bathroom. I yelp and jump at the sudden noise of thunder.

"O-O-Oh you know," I shakily say as I climb into the bathroom cupboard, "Hiding away from reality and watching Mean Girls."

Dang, it. Now I want to build a fort and watch Netflix.

It was silent for a quick second before the door slowly opens. "Aw, man did I forget to lock the-"

My sentence was cut off by the cupboard doors opening. Nova kneels down, searching my face. "Hi, neighborino..." I smile sadly at him, and he returns it with a frown.

I hug my legs close to me and try drowning out the noise. I begin taking deep breaths, counting to three each time. "Frost?"

"Yeah..?"

I peeked open my eyes just as Nova grabs my arms, pulling me out of the cupboard. I, in surprise yelp, and cling onto him. "We can make a fort, I'll bring snack and Pudge over? You get your laptop?" Nova says with a small smile.

He must've read my mind. I mean, I'm kind of shocked. Now I wouldn't be, if he and Cole were in this situation because they've been best friends longer than I can remember. But I am a whole different story. He's said so many times, he cannot stand me, yet he still hangs out with me.