24

Frost's p.o.v
*************

Chapter Twenty-four: August Lynn Matthews

I shouldn't be jelly. He isn't mine, to begin with.

Keep telling yourself that.

We are literally the same person.

Nova looks at me but he doesn't get time to walk back before his coach blows the whistle, meaning he has to go.

I look away, surprised and somewhat hurt.

"What an asshole," Manon says with distaste.

"Hey... you okay?" Manon asks and side hugs me.

"Just peachy," I reply blankly and watch the girl who did the horrible deed walk away.

"I, uh..." I start to speak but instead smile at Manon, "Never mind."

"Just ignore me and enjoy the game," I say to her, and zone out.

I mean, I should've had it coming.

He's popular, he's dated. He has a bunch of girls waiting in line. I guess I was too busy annoying him, to even cut in front of the line.

I just want him to be happy.

He deserves it after all. Not some dumb blonde like me.

I guess, I kind of only hung out with him... was because he was friends with Cole.

And Manon liked Cole. So I told myself, I'd make them fall in love.

It's kind of funny if you would.

I had everything I wanted in front of me the whole time.

I feel... numb. Just thinking about him being with someone else, is making me feel numb.

Oh god, what am I doing? I'm being too dramatic for heaven sakes. I'm just being too dramatic...

Someone get me an award for best drama actress.

The game went by, and I didn't even pay attention. I don't even know who won. I mean this is nothing new but still.

I stand up along with others as they clap their hands. Nova and Cole high five each other, before Nova starts to scan the crowds as if he searching for someone.

The girl from earlier sways her hips while walking up to him but I looked away before I could see anything.

"Frost? You okay?" Manon asks with a concerned look. I shrug my shoulder and hear Nova's voice calling my name. But... for some reason I don't turn.

"I'll be fine... I uh... I'm going to go take a walk... Clear my head," I say and begin to quickly walk away.

"But it's raining!" Manon exclaims with panic, "Frost wait! Let me come with you-"

I briefly turn around, "I'll- I'll be fine! I'll call you later!" I say to her, pushing open the doors and running out.

What are you doing? Go back and tell Nova-

Can you shut up?

I look up at the dark sky, the rain clouding my vision.

The rain isn't heavy, so I have nothing to worry about... But I still feel my stomach churning at the feeling of the drops pelting me. I frown and start letting my feet lead me away. My hair begins sticking to my face, and my clothes become drenched.

The rain is cold. It isn't hot, or warm.

It's just cold.

I was wandering around for a good twenty minutes before I felt a presence behind me, and I turn around, somewhat hoping it's Nova.