34.

The next morning I was stirred awake by the sound of two feminine voices yelling. I slowly opened my eyes and rolled onto my side to check the time. I groaned when I saw it was only 7 o'clock in the morning. I placed my pillow over my head hoping to block out the yelling, but it didn't work. I rubbed my eyes and sat up.

I couldn't decipher who the owners of the two voices belonged to, but it sounded like it was coming from outside. I stood up and went into my bathroom to brush my teeth.

When I was done, the yelling was still going on, so I finally decided to go out and see what the hell was going on. I walked downstairs and stopped in place when I realized the yelling was coming from my mom and another lady. I furrowed my eyebrows. Shawn stood at the doorway watching the two women go back and forth. He turned around and quickly pulled me to the side.

"Please tell me you weren't the one that egged Austin's car. Austin and his mom are here blaming you for the damage done." He whispered and crossed his arms.

I sent him a sly smile, but didn't respond. He shook his head and rolled his eyes. "That's it. I can't take all this arguing I'm going to school." He exclaimed and walked past the two yelling women.

I finally approached the doorway and saw Austin was right next to his mom. He had his hands in his pockets and looked just as mad as her. He finally looked up and locked eyes with me. I gave him a cold stare then looked away.

Austin's mom shifted her eyes in my direction when she noticed my presence. She sent me a dirty look. "Someone is going to pay for the damage done to my son's car!" The woman stated in angry tone and pointed over her shoulder. I looked outside to see what she was pointing at and saw they had brought the car with them.

"Yeah you are! How are you going to come to my home and claim that my child did this without any proof? And even if it was, maybe if your son wouldn't have framed her for having drugs at school and got her suspended, then this wouldn't have happened." My mom spat.

"Show me the video of my son putting the drugs in her locker!" The middle aged woman barked and crossed her arms.

"Show me the video of my daughter egging your son's car." My mom fired back. The other woman finally went silent.

"Exactly, case closed. Goodbye."

Austin's mom opened her mouth to speak again but my mom slammed the door on her face. She huffed and looked at me.

"Was it you?" She finally asked.

I gulped and nodded. I was expecting her to hit me or something because she lifted her hand in the air. I awaited the smack, but it never came.

"High five! Don't leave me hanging." My mom exclaimed, still holding her hand up.

I laughed and slapped her hand. "The boy totally deserved that. You should've done his mom's car too while you were at it. I was getting ready to swing at that woman." She chuckled and ruffled my hair.

"So...you're not mad?" I hesitantly asked.

"Under these circumstances, no. But that kid didn't look too happy about what you did to his car. Keep your guard up when you go back to school next week."

"Okay."

I was about to plop down on the couch but my mom grabbed my shoulder and stopped me. "You have to go to school to pick up your work remember? Go get dressed." I threw my head back and groaned. "Do I have to get it now? Why can't I just pick it up later?"

"Stop being lazy. I told your principal that you'd pick it up before school starts."

I sighed and trudged up the stairs. I went back into my room and got dressed. I was only going to pick up my work and go, so I didn't really care about how I looked.