35.

"Y/N wait!"

I stopped at the center of the hall and spun around. I smiled when I saw Camila jogging towards me. She stopped in front of me and bent down to pant. I looked down at her and waited for her to catch her breath.

"Why are you so out of breath?"

"I've been trying to catch up to you since I saw you in the first hallway!" She exclaimed.

"Oh, well what's up?" I chuckled.

"I wanted to talk to you about something." She stated while fixing her ponytail.

"Ok well can we walk and talk? I have to stop at my locker to get my sketchbook for art."

She nodded and began walking by my side. "So, I've been thinking. We've been dating for 4 months now, almost 5," She began, "And I think we should tell our parents about our relationship."

I turned away from my locker and faced her.

"Seriously?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded, "I mean, there's really no reason why we should keep hiding it from them anymore, and I'm sure you're tired of hiding it from your mom too."

"How do you think they'll react though?"

"I'm sure they won't mind. They're obviously not homophobic or anything so we don't have to worry about that. Plus my mom literally loves you." She shrugged with a smile.

"But your dad..." I trailed off.

I was happy to hear that Camila finally wanted to tell her parents about us, but I was honestly afraid of Alejandro. He was really intimidating to me and I feared what his reaction would be.

Camila giggled, "Why are you so scared of my dad? He's a really sweet guy, you just have to warm up to him."

"Alright then...are you going to tell them on your own? Or..." I trailed off again.

"Well...I don't know yet, we can plan out it out later on at your place." She answered.

"Okay sounds good."

Camila looked up as the warning bell rang. "I should go before my science teacher gets mad at me for being late." The shorter girl tiptoed a bit and pecked my lips. "I'll see you in sixth period." She said before rushing away.

——

"Do you guys want to hear a joke?" Camila asked with a wide grin.

"Oh god. No, please." Dinah groaned. I glanced at Dinah and laughed. "Go for it babe." I said.

Camila cheered and cleared her throat, "Ok, what do you call a sleeping dinosaur?"

A few moments of silence passed and Dinah didn't look like she was going to respond, so I did. "What?" I asked.

"A dinoSNORE!" She exclaimed before letting out a raspy laugh. "Get it? Dinosaur, dinosnore because it's sleeping?"

Dinah rolled her eyes and shook her head in disapproval. On the other hand, I laughed. I actually enjoyed hearing the Cuban's cringeworthy jokes.