37.

Camila's POV

I nervously paced around my room as I tried to think of how to casually tell my parents about my relationship with Y/N. They were both downstairs watching TV. I wanted to bring up the conversation in a calm and smooth matter. I glanced at my phone when it lit up. I read the name on the screen and saw it was from Y/N.

y/nn 💞: good luck baby, hope it goes well (:

I felt my stomach flutter at the pet name. I sent back a kissy face emoji and a heart. I locked my phone and took a breath. I slipped my phone into my back pocket and slicked my hair back with my hands. I slowly made my way down the stairs and saw my parents were still sitting on the couch. I quietly approached them from behind and cleared my throat. They both turned around and smiled when they saw me.

"What do you need mija?" My mom asked.

"Can I talk to you guys about something?" I nervously asked and took a seat on the small foot rest in front of them. "Of course, what is it?" My mom asked while my dad just eyed me. I looked down and played with the sleeves of my shirt.

"There's something important, you guys should know," I began. "I've been dating somebody for a while now. And they make me really happy—" My dad's head immediately shot up, "What! You have a boyfriend?"

I shook my head, "No papi it's not a boy..." I trailed off and looked at my parents to see their reactions. My mom looked surprised, while my dad still held a serious face.

"A girl?" She asked.

"Yeah...you guys don't mind right?"

"Of course not! As long as you're happy." My mom smiled warmly. I smiled and felt a little more relieved. "Who is this girl? What's her name?" My dad interrogated.

"Um it's actually...Y/N."

My mom's face lit up in delight. "Y/N?" My dad questioned in shock. My mom touched his shoulder to calm him. I slowly nodded my head. "Wasn't she suspended for having drugs in her locker?" He exclaimed.

I crossed my arms and quickly defended Y/N, "No! They weren't even hers! Some boy put them in her locker so she'd get in trouble."

"Mhm. She seems like troublemaker mija." He grumbled, crossing his arms as well.

"Alejandro!" My mom scolded and smacked his arm. "Y/N is a very nice person. How long have you two been dating?" She asked with a smile.

"4 months."

"4 months! And you're just telling us now?!" My dad exclaimed in disbelief. He really looked like he was going to pass out from shock.

I nodded my head, "I'm sorry, I should've told you guys sooner, but I was scared."

He rubbed the bridge of nose and shook his head in disapproval. I frowned, "Please don't be mad at me, I'm telling you about Y/N because she makes me happy."

My dad looked up and met my gaze after I spoke. His facial expression softened, he looked like he was trying to read me. He finally spoke up after a few moments, "You really like Y/N?" He asked.

"Mucho," I answered in spanish.

He sighed and nodded, "Okay then, I guess as long as you're happy—"

"Yes!" I exclaimed in relief.

"I wasn't done!" He interjected. "How about you invite her over? If you two are going to be dating, I want to discuss a few things with you two."

"She's not home right now—"

"Then tomorrow," He declared.

"I—okay." I agreed, not wanting to say anything that might change his mind.