47.

"Dude can you believe that graduation is less than a month away!" Dinah exclaimed. We had just gotten done taking our cap and gown pictures and were walking down the hallway.

"I know, it's crazy"

These past few weeks had been hectic. Between making sure I had all my credits to graduate, finals, and planning out this whole move with Camila, everything had gone by so quick. The whole school year in general seemed like it'd just flashed by.

"So have you and Camila decided on an apartment yet?" Dinah asked while fixing the top of her hair.

"Yeah. She's thrilled about it." I mumbled out.

Dinah glanced at me and raised an eyebrow, "Shouldn't you be excited too? I mean living without parents equals doing whatever you want."

"Of course I'm excited about this but...I don't know I feel like everything is happening so fast now. We planned moving in together when we thought we would both be attending the same university. Me not getting in just completely ruined my plans. I still haven't even figured out what I'm going to do. I'll obviously get a job but I don't want to be working minimum wage for the rest of my life." I groaned.

"You do know community college exists right?" Dinah offered with a joking smile.

"I don't even know if college is what I want anymore." I sighed out. Seeing all of my friends have their futures and goals planned out honestly made me feel much worse about the whole thing. I opened my locker and placed my cap on the top shelf. I properly folded my gown back up and did my best to not wrinkle it.

She draped her arm around my shoulder, "Look I see where you're coming from but dude you're literally eighteen there's no rush, you'll figure out what you want eventually."

"I hope so, I'm just scared of what's to come."

I shut my locker and continued walking with her. "You wanna come to my place later on? I could help you see what other options you have."

"Sure," I answered.

Dinah opened her mouth to speak again but before she could say anything another voice chipped in.

"Good afternoon,"

We both whipped our heads to the right and saw it was a tall man standing next to a table. He wore a military outfit so I automatically knew he was a recruiter. They would come to our school a few times every year to try and get people to join.

He stuck out his hand for us to shake, "I'm Sergeant Williams, can you guys spare a few minutes to talk?"

Dinah and I shook his hand.

"If you're going to try to convince me to join the military you're a little too late sir. I've got everything planned out, I'm off to university in the fall," Dinah proudly flaunted.

He chuckled in response, "Oh is that so? What are you planning on majoring in?"

I stood on the side watching Dinah and the man converse. I smiled as I listened to her tell him everything she'd planned on doing. After a few minutes of chit chat between the two, he finally averted his attention to my direction.

"Well it seems like your friend here has everything thought out, how about you?" He grinned.

"Uh...Sort of, still kinda figuring it out " I admitted.

His eyes lit up as if he'd hit the jackpot. With an interested look in his eyes he asked, "You off to college too?"

I already knew that because of my doubtful answer he was going to seize the given opportunity. That's what these people did, they tried finding candidates who were uncertain of their futures and tried to lure them in. I almost immediately regretted my honest response to the question.