Injustice (1 or 2)-The Flash x Reader

Dedicated to Starlight6500

   BARRY'S POV

  Speed. I needed to get faster. Keep running. It wouldn't be too long before I would run into another supervillain or ex-hero.
  Things haven't been the same ever since Superman and his forces took over. Even Central City had been affected by the devastation of Metropolis. One person who was affected instantly was Y/N, who had been by my side ever since we were kids.

  She was one of the people caught in the middle of Superman's rage on Lois, who was actually Doomsday, which didn't end so well for Y/N. She was injured badly, but all I could do was thank God I didn't fully lose her like many other families had lost the ones they loved most.
  Y/N had to train herself into being able to walk again, even though it hurt her to do most things. Me, being her husband, tried to make her rest, but she always pushed my worry aside.

  Right now, I was on my way back to our home. Once I arrived, the front door was wide open, but no one was outside.
  I raced inside immediately to look for Y/N, and she wasn't downstairs. So, I ran up the stairs and into our bedroom, where she was lying on the ground.

  I ran to her, and she said,"Barry, I'm okay. I just need to... get my phone."

  I sighed before I helped Y/N up and handed her her phone.

  Then, I sat her down on the bed and asked her,"Y/N, we talked about going for the long distances, okay? I know you're capable of improving, but you're not fully healed yet. You shouldn't be moving around so much."

  Y/N placed her hand over my own and replied,"Baby, I said I was fine. You don't need to worry. I just fell."

  I raised an eyebrow at her and explained to her, with the best tone possible,"Yeah, but you also left the front door wide open. Mrs. Allen, it's not as safe as it used to be. What if Wonder Woman or Superman himself would've shown up? You wouldn't be able to take them both. Not like this. I'm trying to keep you safe, away from danger. You've lost enough."

  Y/N looked me in the eyes and kissed me before I kissed her back. She pulled me closer to her and held on for however long she needed to, pulling away very slowly.

  She mumbled,"I love you the more for everything you do, and I understand. I..I'm sorry for worrying you, Barry. I..I'm trying to get used to this, too."

  I pulled Y/N in for a side hug, and she leaned on me saying,"Batman called. He just wanted to check on me, but he asked me if you were here with me. I told him no, so he said you need to do a better job of taking care of me."

  I chuckled and joked saying,"Sounds like him, but I'm sure even Batman is impressed with The Flash."

  Y/N smiled, and she asked me randomly,"Barry, will I ever be able to help you again? Like when you, Batman, and the others need help?"

  I brushed Y/N's hair out of her face and admitted to her,"One day, but when you and I both know that we have nothing else to worry about. Not that you can't handle yourself, but I don't want you to-"

  Y/N cut me off by giving me a kiss and smiling saying,"I know, Bar. I know. Are you hungry? I fixed dinner, but my legs still hurt from the fall."

  I said,"I got you covered."

  Y/N looked at me confused before I rushed her downstairs and placed her on the couch.
  I brought dinner into the living room and placed pillows underneath Y/N's feet rapidly. She smiled and leaned back before I put a pillow behind her head.

  After Y/N finished eating dinner, she tried to get up on her own. I tried to let her walk, but I could see her legs shaking very badly. I could tell her training herself was helping; however, she didn't have the best patience.
  I caught her before she could fall and walked her into kitchen. I let her lean on the counter and catch her breath, which may have been unsteady as a result of her pushing herself.

  Then, I rushed upstairs to get the bed ready for her. When I made it back to the kitchen, Y/N was sitting down.

  She said,"Barry, can you..."

  I nodded and changed her into her pajamas before I took us both upstairs. Y/N laid down slowly as I made sure that she didn't fall over.

  Once I joined her, she asked me,"Honey, we'll always have each other, right?"

  I looked over at Y/N and nodded saying,"Always. What would you do without me?"

  Y/N stuck her tongue out at me, and I laughed, but I knew she was aware that had more than one meaning behind it. Y/N knew I would always be here for her, but she also knew that life would have been very different for her if she had never moved to Central City.
  Things may have been crazy everywhere, yet it felt relieving at the same time to know that Y/N was getting better, and we were a team.