Injustice (2)-Scarecrow x Reader

Dedicated to Puppelove

   Y/N'S POV

  I walked into Jonathan's lair, and he appeared from out of nowhere.

  I said to him,"You know, a normal person would've been frightened by that, but I'm not normal."

  Jonathan chuckled and said,"I'm aware of that, my dear. I am. I need your opinion on this, my dear."

  I followed him to his desk, and he motioned to his monitor screen, explaining to me,"I'm having trouble picking my next target. Who do you think has something to fear?"

  I replied,"Everyone has something to fear, Jonathan. You taught me that, and I've learned that as well. What about that Harley Quinn girl?"

  Jonathan pulled me close and said,"That could work. Is something the matter?"

  I looked down and back up at Jonathan saying,"I want to come with you. Together, we can get more done. You enjoy playing on people's fears. I enjoy the same. Plus, I love you, and I know you need me."

  Jonathan looked away and said to me,"I do need you, but you're precious to me. You're the one person who gets me. Who isn't afraid to see people's greatest fears. I can't risk being without the other half of me."

  I smiled at Jonathan and held my hands up. He intertwined his fingers with my own, and I placed a kiss on his lips.

  I pleaded to him,"Let's be a team."

  Jonathan looked at me for a few minutes before he put on his Scarecrow mask.
  I wasn't afraid of the mask, though I know a child or someone else would have been. I brought my hand up to his mask, and then I headed out with him.

  I was quite surprised when we met up with Poison Ivy herself.

  She smirked and said,"Why, Y/N, it is good that someone knows the right side. You hear about Harls?"

  I nodded and replied,"She made the wrong choice. It won't be long before Batman decides that she isn't a hero. She should've stayed with us. We could have been on top."

  Ivy agreed with me, and I could tell she was irritated by Harley's choice to help Batman/Bruce Wayne. Yeah, I knew who he was.

  When we ran into Harley, Black Canary, and Green Arrow, Oliver said to me,"You know, it's not too late to help, Y/N. You're with him?"

  Scarecrow seemed to grow angry, but I rested my hand on his arm and said,"Yes. I'm with him. All that hero junk. I'm not buying it, Arrow. Brainiac's taking over now, and Scarecrow and I can be better than him."

  I looked over at Harley, while Ivy had Harley, Green Arrow, and Black Canary trapped in some of her vines/plants upside down.

  Harley chuckled and cheerfully exclaimed,"Y/N, look at ya, girl! You look good! New outfit? New hairstyle?"

  I walked up to her and said,"Now, you want to talk to me. Is it because we're fighting for opposite sides? When was the last time we talked? 3 months ago, right?"

  Harley sighed and yelled to me,"WHY WON'T YA JUST HELP ME OUT AND BATS! HE'LL BE UNDERSTANDIN'! JUST GET YA BOYFRIEND TO LET US DOWN AND GET TA BRAINIAC!"

  I giggled and stepped back before Harley, Arrow, and Black Canary tried to escape.

  I stopped Arrow, and he said,"Y/N, you used to know what was right. Now, you're working with him?!!"

  I yelled back,"HE SAVED ME! HE WORRIED ABOUT ME WHEN NO ONE ELSE DID! NOT EVEN YOU, OLLIE! NOW, YOU'RE GOING TO STAND DOWN, OR I WILL TAKE YOU DOWN!"

  Arrow shot an arrow at me, but I caught it and threw the fear toxin underneath his feet.
  He began to cough and fell to his knees.

  A part of me felt bad, knowing we were once inseparable, but it was easier given my emotions were limited. By that, I mean it was easier for me to help Jonathan cause fear to those heroes like Batman and Flash because I had trained myself to not react to most things.
  When Oliver began to start talking about being a failure, I stood over him and groaned, holding my ears. Black Canary used her Canary cry. The Arrow ran off.

  I felt someone help me up, and Scarecrow said,"C'mon, Y/N."

  I went to apologize, but he shook his head and said,"It's all right. We know it works, but we're not finished yet. Come with me?"

  I pulled myself together and rushed off with Scarecrow.