Injustice (2)-Bruce Wayne x Reader

Y/N'S POV

  As I leaned on the long table behind me, Lucius walked up beside me and asked,"Is he still in there?"

  I nodded and said,"Yep. I'm going in. Wish me luck. If I go out the window, we'll see if I can fly."

  Lucius replied,"Y/N, that's not very funny."

  I apologized and walked into Bruce's office, shutting the door behind me.

  Bruce turned and looked back at me saying,"You don't know how to follow the rules, do you?"

  I stood beside him as I replied,"Nope, I don't. It's why you fell for me, literally and metaphorically."

  Bruce was trying not to smile, and I said,"Go ahead and smile, Bruce. You know you want to."

  Bruce finally smiled, and I returned his smile before I asked him,"Are you really okay, though?"

  Bruce replied blankly,"No, but making sure you and my son are safe is my first concern right now."

  I cupped his face saying,"And you're my first concern, so the baby and I will be okay."

  His blue eyes met my E/C eyes, and he said,"You don't understand. I want to be able to know when any danger is possible for you and the baby to be in, but I don't know. I can't always know and that's what bothers me. That's what I've been thinking about. Look what happened to-"

  I covered Bruce's mouth, and tears fell down my face as I said,"Don't... Don't say his name. You weren't the only one that lost Dick. I did, too. He was like a son to me, and he was your son, Bruce. You shouldn't let Dick's passing define your every action. I hate that he's gone, and I miss him more every single day, but we have to stay strong. We have to."

  Bruce closed his eyes for a few moments, letting his tears fall. I just leaned on him and rubbed his chest in comfort.

  Then, I brought both of his hands down to my stomach saying,"This little baby boy in here, he's going to need Bruce Wayne. He's going to need Batman. Not just you or me but both of his parents. You hear me?"

  Bruce nodded and said,"I hear you. Do you give me permission to do whatever it takes to protect you and our baby?"

  I opened my mouth to speak, but then I closed it. Once I understood what Bruce meant, there was no way I could lie to him.

  Whatever it takes? That could mean a possibility of things.

  I had been quiet for so long that Bruce took me in his arms saying,"I know it's a lot to think about, but that's how important you are to me. Sacrificing myself so that you can go on doesn't scare me, Y/N."

  I added,"It's scary to me, though."

  Bruce replied,"I see that, but do I have permission to do that?"

  I said,"Yes. Even if I said "no," you would give yourself permission to go above and beyond. It's who you are. Always has been a part of you."

  Bruce smiled down at me and rested his hands back on my stomach saying,"Good. I'm glad you know me very well. Hopefully, my son will see the good, too."