Injustice (2)-Batman x Reader

Y/N'S POV

  I watched as Red Hood held my 6-month-old daughter, Zari. She was probably the only good thing that came out of Superman and I's relationship. As you can tell, it didn't end so well, yet I did tell him about his daughter. The first thing he wanted to do was raise her to be like him and that was the last thing I wanted in his state right now.
  However, Bruce helped me find a place that was safe from Superman for Zari and me. There was no telling what Clark would do when he finally let out his rage from not being able to see Zari for this long.

  Batman walked up behind my chair and noticed Jason holding Zari.

  I looked up at Batman and said,"Rare sight, huh?"

  Batman smiled down at me and said,"It is. You all right?"

  I nodded and said,"I am fine. Thank you, Bruce. What about you? Any good news on the whole Brainiac situation?"

  When Batman didn't answer me, I took that as a flat out "no." I chuckled and rested my hand on his shoulder before Zari sneezed on Jason. Red Hood groaned, and I got up, wiping Zari's nose. I covered her up and took her from Jason, thanking him for holding her for a minute for me.

  He nodded, and when Batman stopped paying attention to Jason and me, Jason took off his helmet and asked me,"You tell him yet?"

  I shook my head, and Jason said,"Tell him, Y/N. It's not like Superman will come in here and ruin your chances of talking to Bruce."

  Jason left, and I walked over to Batman.

  I rested my hand on his arm and asked him,"Can you take me home?"

  He nodded and said,"Of course. I wouldn't let you go home by yourself. You know me."

  I smiled at him, and he took me and Zari home. As Batman changed Zari into her pajamas for me, I watched how he acted around her. He was so careful and protective over her, yet it scared me to think of a day when he would change his mind about knowing me.

  "Y/N!"

  I double blinked, and Batman asked me,"What are you thinking about?"

  I said,"Nothing, just what I'm going to do when this little girl grows up. She may be a diva."

  Batman laughed and said,"You'll put her in check if you have to. I have to go check on Jason, but I'll see you tomorrow."

  I nodded and he kissed my forehead, yet I was too timid to talk to him about how I felt about him. He had always been just my best friend, so I was afraid of trying to see if I meant more than him to that. I also had a child, but she wasn't even Bruce's child. That may complicate it, too.

  Batman raised an eyebrow at me, but I just sent him a smile before he left. I groaned at my failure and laid down to get some rest.

  4 A.M.

  I rushed into the bathroom and washed off my face before I overheard Zari crying. I rushed over to her crib and sat down with her, feeding her. I had a hard time holding her bottle, since my hands were shaking so badly. Let's just say my nightmare was about the night Superman lost it.
  When Batman showed up, I was confused. Jason showed up as well. But when Jason took Zari, Batman pulled me in for a hug immediately. I had no idea how he knew to come, but I was grateful he was here.

  He held me as a sob escaped my lips. Jason took Zari out of the room. So, it was just Batman and me now.

  He made me look at him and said,"Come here. Come here."

  I rested my forehead against his own, and he looked me in the eyes saying,"You have nothing to fear. I'll always come to your aid whenever you need me. I know you're scared for yourself and Zari, but you mean so much more to me than a best friend. I wanted to tell you years ago, I just... You were with Clark, and now, I can tell you. Y/N, I love you and I want to be a part of your life as more than a-"

  I cut him off by kissing him softly. He kissed back and pulled me closer to him before I heard Zari making noises. Batman and I pulled away to see Jason holding Zari in the doorway, along with a smirking Black Canary.

  I blushed saying,"Dinah."

  She squealed and hugged me tightly before she said to Batman,"Bruce, invite me to the wedding."

  Then, Dinah said to me,"Hey, I'm taking Zari. It's Ollie and I's turn with her."

  She kissed my cheek and grabbed Zari from Jason before she left.

  I chuckled and smiled over at a disappointed Jason saying,"Don't worry, Jase. Zari and I aren't going anywhere. You have plenty of time left to spend with her."