Injustice (2)-Hal Jordan x Reader

Dedicated to -5secondpose

   Y/N'S POV

  I possessed so much hurt from what happened with the Regime. Not only did I lose my family, but Superman also killed Billy, the last family member I had left. Even after the Regime fell, now, we had a whole other issue to deal with.
  Now, someone named Brainiac was threatening to take over everything he could manage to take over. I couldn't let any more people I cared about die, even Hal Jordan.

  Hal and I's relationship was impacted the most, which was where a majority of my pain was influenced from. We were so happy together, even thinking about getting married one day, but then he betrayed the Corps, and everything went downhill from there.
  I became a bump in the road and just another one of his "partners." Impressing Superman and doing what he said had gotten to his head so much. So much that he distanced himself from me, and we hadn't talked much since.

  Now, Hal had returned, and Batman was willing to accept him. Of course, Bruce knew about Hal and I's history because I ranted to him about it a couple of times. Batman glanced at me and back at Hal before he sent Hal to Atlantis.

  Barry ran to me, and Batman walked up to me as well.

  Barry asked me,"Are you two still not talking?"

  I shook my head and said,"No, we're not. Did you hear him say anything to me?"

  Batman said,"Y/N, at this point, you're practically family, and I want what's best for you. I know you still love Hal. The looks, the ranting, and the crying give it all away."

  My eyes widened, and Batman said softly,"Yeah, I know."

  I sighed and replied,"Okay, maybe I still love him, but he was helping Superman! The same Superman that killed Billy, my brother, and even Ollie! Meanwhile, nothing I said mattered to him and he always treated me like he was just around me 'cause Superman asked him to be."

  Batman added,"Y/N, you were also on Superman's side, but you did what was right. You tried to stop Superman, just like Hal wants to have another chance. Give him another chance. I gave you a second chance."

  Barry said,"He has a point, Y/N, but you sit right here and think about it."

  Batman and Barry left me alone, and I did think about it. I thought about everything.

.....

  I don't know why, but Batman trusted Superman enough to let him out of his cell. All of us sat at the table. If Batman trusted Superman, then I would, too. As Selina shed some insight on Brainiac to everyone, I felt a hand slide into my own.

  I turned to look at Hal, and he mouthed,"Can we talk?"

  I nodded, and Hal and I stood up.

  Barry did, too, before I said,"It's okay, Flash. I'll be okay."

  Barry sat back down slowly, and Hal pulled me to the side.

  He said,"I'm sorry for not treating you like I should've all this time. I heard what you said, and I...I didn't mean to cause you so much pain. I just... I was so convinced I was doing the right thing. I got caught up. I-"

  I cupped his face and said,"Hal, you-"

  "Sorry to interrupt, but we've got to go. We don't have much time."

  Batman sent me a very apologetic look before I let go of Hal's face. He hesitated, but he kissed my nose and left.

  I turned to Batman and said,"Thank you for having my back."

  He replied,"You're welcome. Let's go."

.......

  It turned out that Superman wasn't as truthful as he led on to be. Somehow, Bruce knew that Clark wasn't going to just give up his old ways.

  The second Hal was fighting against Clark, I ran in front of Hal and yelled,"NO!! THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND ME, CLARK!!"

  Clark said,"Move, Y/N."

  I stood my ground and punched Clark hard across the face before he chuckled. He grabbed me by my neck, and Hal, Barry, and Kara moved in on Clark before Clark sent us all flying back. Eventually, we were able to weaken Clark, Diana, and the others who were on the wrong side.

  As Bruce took care of my neck, Hal walked over and asked Bruce,"Is she going to be okay?"

  Bruce looked down at me and said,"She'll be fine, if you don't hurt her feelings again. Then, Hal, I won't be so pleasant."

  I chuckled, and Bruce kissed my forehead before he gave Hal and me some privacy.

  I said,"You know, you can sit down. I won't attack you or anything."

  Hal said,"That's nice to know."

  Hal sat down beside me, and he said,"I really am sorry. I should've been treating you like you were the most important thing to me, and I wasn't. I would like another shot to show you that you do mean everything to me."

  I replied,"Okay, but you have to get through Barry first. He's my bodyguard."

  Hal laughed lightly and said,"That won't be a problem."