Injustice (2)-Damian Wayne x Reader Part 4

Dedicated to KaleyOsborne

   JASON'S POV

  Y/N and I have been together for a couple of months now, and Y/N was finally ready to have the sex of the baby revealed to her. She had wanted it to be a surprise for so long, but then she just felt like she had to know. Since this was Damian's child, I wasn't sure it was my place to have a say in whether Y/N could go or not. I thought it best to only speak if she asked me about it.

  Speaking of Y/N, she walked up to me and asked me,"Jason, are you busy today?"

  "No, not really. Why, babe?"

  She rested my hand on her stomach and asked me softly,"Will you come with me to see the sex of the baby?"

  I wanted to say yes so badly, yet I was afraid this was something that Damian needed to do with Y/N instead.

  She could see my face fall and kept my hand where it was resting on her stomach.

  "Jason, Damian can't make it, but I was going to ask you to come with me anyway, whether he could make it or not. You're just a part of my life as this child will be. We're a couple. Couples stick together. I want you to be there, Jason. Will you come with me?"

  "Of course. When?"

  "Right now."

  .........

  As we sat and waited for the doctor to tell us about the baby, Y/N reached over and held my hand saying,"Todd, I'm so excited. I can't wait for the baby to be born."

  I kissed her forehead, and the doctor finally told us the results. When he did, Y/N broke into tears. I didn't know whether they were good or bad tears. The doctor looked at me for an answer to her tears, but I was just as confused on whether to say something or stay where I was.

  "I'M HAVING A BABY GIRL! I'M HAVING A GIRL! JASON, I'M HAVING A DAUGHTER!!!"

  I let out a sigh of relief and laughed saying,"Congrats, Y/N. You'll be a great mother."

  I thanked the doctor, and we headed back before Y/N rushed to tell Damian and Bruce immediately.

   Y/N'S POV

  Damian sat with Bruce, and I could tell it would take some time for the two of them to be okay again. They were trying to talk, which was a good sign.

  I squealed, and Bruce jumped, almost falling over. I apologized and hugged him before I hugged Damian.

  I said,"Guys, I'm having a girl! I'm having a girl! This is going to be great!"

  Damian smiled real big and replied,"That's great, L/N. Is she healthy? Everything all right?"

  I nodded saying,"Everything's fine. Damian, I know we kind of had a falling out, but I'm really sorry for hurting you."

  He shook his head and said,"No, it's okay. I deserved it. I forgot where my loyalty was, but I should be thanking you for making me see that."

  I replied,"Enough with the emotions, Damian. I don't like it."

  Damian sent me a smile, and I gasped playfully before he rolled his eyes.

  Bruce said,"You thought of any names yet?"

  I said,"I've thought of a few, but none have really jumped out at me. Why?"

  Then, Bruce said,"I just thought that I could help. Maybe give you a few suggestions?"

  I smiled at Bruce and said,"I'll always accept your help, Batman. Of course, you can give me some suggestions."

  I noticed Damian looked like he had something else to say to me. So, I motioned for Jason and Bruce to leave. Bruce hesitated, but he left to give Damian and I some privacy.

  I leaned on the table and asked him,"What did you need to get out?"

  He sighed and looked down for quite some time before I realized he was crying. I knew this was definitely not the norm for him, which really got to me. I wanted to be so mad at him and let him stand there crying, but there was also a part of me that wanted to comfort him.

  I walked up to Damian and hugged him tightly, letting him know that I was here.

  He hugged me back and said,"I...I'm so sorry, Y/N. I just... I was just so angry at how things were done. I wanted more. It caused me to hurt you, and I'm very sorry. I know you will never forgive me, but I wanted you to know how I felt. You can be upset with me, just don't push me out of our baby's life. I...I want to be a father to her."

  I smiled and kissed his forehead lightly saying,"I wouldn't dream of kicking you out of her life, Damian. We have some ways to go before we are back on the same page, but I appreciated what you just said so much. I appreciated it so much that I will expect you to also try to keep working things out with Bruce. Deal?"

  "Deal. Thank you, Y/N. Really."

  "You're welcome, Damian. You're welcome."