Injustice (2)-Jason Todd x Reader

Dedicated to reesescup1

   Y/N'S POV

  I kept looking over at Red Hood, who was still unconscious. I had no idea why he was unconscious in the first place, but he was actually here. But a part of me didn't believe it was my Red Hood.
  I don't know why a part of me felt this way, but maybe it was because it felt too good to be true. It felt like it was some trick that was going to break me. I couldn't take too much more of this stuff.

  Bruce rested his hand on my shoulder and said,"It's him, Y/N. I know what you're thinking. It's him."

  I sat down and looked over at Red Hood, saying to Bruce,"Do you think that he's been alive all this time and just now made it back to us?"

  Bruce squeezed my shoulder saying,"I don't know, Y/N, but the important thing is that Jason's back. We make sure that he's all right first. Understand?"

  I nodded and said,"Yes, sir."

  Bruce said,"I'll leave the two of you alone, but don't be too long."

  I looked over, and Red Hood was moving. Bruce moved his hand away from my shoulder and made his exit. I swallowed hard and looked back at Red Hood.

  He was sitting up now, but he was holding his arm.

  I said to him,"I can look at your arm for you."

  He said,"No. I'm sure the old man already did that. Who are you?"

  The old man part was good, but I wasn't convinced. The voice was also good, but I had been tricked before. It wasn't happening again. I...I couldn't let it happen again.

  I stood to my feet and walked closer to him saying,"I don't know you are or what game you're playing, but it didn't work the first time. It's not working this time. You're better off leaving while I'm letting you leave."

  He took off his helmet and looked me in the eyes saying,"Baby, I don't want to leave."

  He stood to his feet himself, and I could tell it was hard for him to keep his balance. Even if it wasn't Jason, I hated seeing other people struggling.

  I walked even closer to him and took the last steps to him.

  I helped him keep his balance and said to him,"Please stop. You're not my Jason. Whoever you are, just go back to wherever you came from and stop trying to trick me."

  He cupped my face in his hands and looked me in my eyes saying,"Baby, it's me. I'm not here to trick you. I'm not someone else. It's me, Jason. Your Jason. Here. I gave you this, but you gave it back to me when you were upset that I missed your birthday party."

  He handed me the necklace, which was covered in blood now.

  He noticed and said,"Sorry, Y/N. It was on me."

  I shook my head and walked away from him.

  He said,"Y/N?"

  I found something to clean off the necklace with and cleaned it carefully. I brought the necklace back to him and placed it in his hand.

  I said,"Put it on for me?"

  He smiled and nodded before I turned around. He placed the necklace around my neck and turned me back around.

  I wrapped my arms around his neck and said,"Prove to me that you're really who you say you are. Yes, you look and sound like him. Yes, you have the necklace that was meant for me, but-"

  He kissed me and cupped my face again. Tears clouded my vision, and I returned the kiss. He pulled away from the kiss slowly, and I began to cry.

  He picked me up and brought me over to the nearest chair.

  He sat down with me in his arms and said to me,"It's all right, Y/N. I'm here. I'll keep doing whatever you need me to do to prove to you that's it's me and that I'm here. I've really missed you, Y/N."

  I sniffed and buried my face in his jacket saying,"You don't need to prove anything to me anymore. I was just...really scared that I was being tricked again. I knew it was you when you said it was on you. You used to do that a lot, actually."

  Jason held me tighter and said,"I love you, Y/N."

  I said,"I love you, too. I've really missed you as well. We have a lot to catch you up on."

  Jason said,"We?"

  I motioned to the side and said,"Me and Bruce have a lot to catch you up on. Despite how he let me talk to you alone, I know he really wants to see you."

  Jason asked me,"Are you letting me go?"

  I chuckled saying,"I'm letting you go talk to Bruce. I've already held you up long enough. Go. I'll be here whenever you get back."

  Jason gave me many kisses, and I said,"I'll see you soon."

  Jason nodded and left. Yes, I wanted to run after him and make sure that he made it to Bruce, but I had faith that he'd make it. Jason would come back.