Injustice (2)-Damian Wayne x Reader

Dedicated to KaleyOsborne

   Y/N'S POV

  Why did Bruce have to leave me with Damian of all people? Damian hated me, and it didn't take long for me to figure that out. Mom noticed it, too, which was why she always tried to talk me out of going after Damian.

  Damian said to me,"Y/N, we're losing time. You're taking too long. I could have had us out of here by now."

  I rolled my eyes, yet I put in headphones to block out Damian's voice. Ugh, what wasn't I doing right? I'd done this several times before... I looked at the timer on the wall to the right of us before Damian pulled one of my headphones out of my ear.

  I said,"Why did you-"

  Damian motioned up to the timer, which had stopped.

  "How did you-"

  Damian got in my face saying,"Father was testing us, and we failed, thanks to you. I could have gotten us out of here an hour ago."

  I slammed my fists against the table as I said to Damian,"If you knew how to get past this, then why didn't you say something before I spent all this time trying to figure it out?"

  Damian chuckled, and I asked him,"What's so funny?"

  He said,"I wanted to see what was so special about you. Why Batman pushed so hard to get you on his side, but I still don't see it. You don't deserve to be with the rest of us."

  Damian smirked at me, and then he just left me to get out of this building on my own. When I was finally able to make it out of the building, Batman was standing there.

  I stopped a few feet away from him and said,"I know you're disappointed. I don't know what happened down there, but I'm sorry. I'll do better next time."

  Batman walked up to me and asked me,"Where's Damian?"

  I looked down saying,"I'm not sure. We were...separated."

  Batman rested his hand on my shoulder saying,"Y/N, I'm sorry."

  I was confused and asked Batman,"What are you apologizing for?"

  Batman squeezed my shoulder saying,"Sending in Damian. I heard what he said to you. He was wrong. I trust you, and I couldn't have gotten this far without you and your mother's help. You deserve to be where you are, and I'm proud of you."

  I smiled at Batman and said,"It's okay, Batman, but Damian should be the one apologizing. He said what he said, and he meant it. I'll do my best to continue to make you proud, but I'm going to go home."

  Batman nodded and stepped back. I nodded to him before I headed home. When I made it home, I sat in my bedroom, yet I felt that I wasn't alone.

  I turned around and saw Damian standing there in his Robin suit.

  I said,"What do you want? Are you here to make me feel worse about what happened?"

  Damian looked down before he looked back at me saying,"I'm here to apologize, actually."

  My eyes widened, and I chuckled saying,"For a moment there, I actually believed that that was what you were really here for. You're a good actor, Damian. You're good."

  Damian sighed saying,"That's what I'm here for, Y/N. I do want to apologize for everything I said to you. I'm sorry."

  I stood to my feet and walked up to him saying,"How do I know that you're not just saying this just to say it?"

  Damian replied,"I don't know, but believe me when I say that that's why I am here. You don't have to accept my apology, but I would like it if you did."

  I thought about it, and I held out my hand saying,"I accept your apology, but why do you hate me so much? Do you think that I'm trying to replace you or something?"

  Damian looked around my room before he looked me in the eyes saying,"I guess it bothers me that your mother's Harley Quinn. She's always been our enemy, and now, I have to work with her. It's just not something I'm used to. You look just like her, so it causes me to have concerns about you turning against us."

  I nodded before Damian shook my hand saying,"I promise to have your back from now on. I'm also sorry about leaving you earlier. It won't happen again."

  I let go of Damian's hand and said,"You can trust Mom, Damian. She's changed. Trust me on that. The last thing she's going to do is cause problems for Batman. She wants more than what she had, and she wants the best for me and her. You also don't have to worry about me. I have no interest in turning against those that are on our side."

  Damian took in my words and said,"I'll trust both of you."

  "Thank you. When do you think Batman's going to test us again?"

  "I don't know, but we'll be ready next time."